Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Vaccine - Covid 19

Bridgelayer 13 735 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2020 4:29PM
We may have to wait for the Oxford vaccine to become available due to the delays expected at Britain's docks thanks to Brexit negotiations breaking down.

The French are almost certain to spit out their dummies and delay supplies as long as possible, which will cause problems with the extreme low temperatures that the vaccine has to be stored at.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.5k 30 England
10 Dec 2020 6:38PM

Quote:We may have to wait for the Oxford vaccine to become available due to the delays expected at Britain's docks thanks to Brexit negotiations breaking down. The French are almost certain to spit out their dummies and delay supplies as long as possible, which will cause problems with the extreme low temperatures that the vaccine has to be stored at.

A Perfect Storm, especially as no deal seems to be a high possibility.
Oh well, gives the media something to frighten us all with. They're spoilt for choice this year.
10 Dec 2020 7:00PM

Quote:which will cause problems with the extreme low temperatures that the vaccine has to be stored at.
The Oxford one doesnt need freezer and I thought it was being manufactured in the UK.

Do you mean the Pfizer one? Dont think delays will be down to the French "spitting out their dummies", more do with the this government shooting itself and the country in the foot!
11 Dec 2020 1:21PM

Quote:
Quote:which will cause problems with the extreme low temperatures that the vaccine has to be stored at.
The Oxford one doesnt need freezer and I thought it was being manufactured in the UK.

Do you mean the Pfizer one? Dont think delays will be down to the French "spitting out their dummies", more do with the this government shooting itself and the country in the foot!

Sorry, yes.

I should have made my thoughts clearer. Not a remoaner, just a worrier. and wondering what will happen when the French fishermen start blockading the ports.

11 Dec 2020 6:26PM
I fear you may be right.Sad
2 Jan 2021 10:59AM
This is going to be a massive logistical problem.

With the Government saying they hope to carry out 2million vaccinations per week, it will take 12 months for everyone to have initial and booster jabs.

In the meantime another 50,000 could be dead, along with the others who die from non-covid related illnesses.

Just a thought.
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
2 Jan 2021 11:48AM
News year eve I got told we were getting our pfizer vaccines 9am new years day, I have nothing but praise for them all, they buzzed through myself and other work colleagues very quickly.

A slight change to the vaccine follow up jab, has been announced now going to be 12 weeks instead of 3 but I' m happy, this means with the remaining stock they can protect twice as many people and quickly.
Cephus 16 2.6k England
2 Jan 2021 11:49AM
You can rest assured that it will be a humungous **** up, but we are learning to expect that from our leaders. SadSadSadSadSad
2 Jan 2021 12:32PM
I'm due my jab week commencing 19Jan and will have the jab. The needle shouldn't be too blunt by then. Wink

I think a lot of people will be expecting everything to be over by Easter but haven't looked at the reality of the figures.
2 Jan 2021 1:28PM

Quote:I think a lot of people will be expecting everything to be over by Easter but haven't looked at the reality of the figures.

You cant blame them, that's what our PM, Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson keeps saying. Vaccine supply chain have already had to refute comments from Whitehall about delays in supply, blame game for a **** up already starting. They are probably still trying to see how many of their mates can make money out of it before they start a meaningful campaign.

Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
2 Jan 2021 3:47PM
There is a saying "follow the money".

Holds true even in a time of war, pandemic or whatever.Wink
gcarth Plus
16 3.8k 1 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2021 3:50PM

Quote:You cant blame them, that's what our PM, Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson keeps saying. Vaccine supply chain have already had to refute comments from Whitehall about delays in supply, blame game for a **** up already starting. They are probably still trying to see how many of their mates can make money out of it before they start a meaningful campaign Sad
It's impossible to get too cynical about this abomination of a government. They really are the pits. Sad
They aren't all that far behind the US and we all know - or should know by now - what a bunch of crazy b*****ds they are!Sad
If New Labour(?) and the Lib Dems were anything like a functioning opposition, we might not be in such a mess.

As I was growing up, I was told never to discuss politics. Well, I ignored that advice then and ignore that advice even more now! Wink
If we can't discuss politics without falling out or we try to censure discussion of issues that embarrass us or challenge our pre-conceptions, we don't deserve to live in a democracy regardless of whether we are left or right leaning.

I will be first in the queue if they find a vaccine that is resistant to the pandemic of political lies and complicit media propaganda! SmileSmileSmile
gcarth Plus
16 3.8k 1 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2021 3:53PM

Quote:There is a saying "follow the money".

Holds true even in a time of war, pandemic or whatever.Wink

Especially in a time of war and pandemic!SadWink
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
3 Jan 2021 3:55AM

Quote:The human test subjects that are receiving the Pfizer vaccine report no ill effects.

Day 3 and I'm still here, feeling fine.
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.0k 7 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2021 12:30PM
The latest 'clinically vulnerable' letter from Messers Hancock and Jennric arrived this morning - telling me I should get my jab by mid Feb.
Hopefully as soon as the demand on hospitals drops as we all do 'our bit' we'll get back to normal lives.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.