Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Win prizes, kudos, recognition! Enter AOP prestigious Photography Awards before 7 August

Vanguard Alta Pro 263 tripod

siduck68 4 6 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2013 10:14AM
I purchased an Alto Pro tripod. When received it was faulty. I returned it immediately and was assured a new one would be despatched. It never arrived. When I complained I was told the MD forgot and they would send me one straight away. I told them to keep it. Very poor customer service.

Now off to Jessops to get a Manfrotto. Hopefully more reliable.

Simon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tigger1 3 3 England
28 Sep 2013 8:08PM
I am currently deciding which tripod to buy. The Vanguard 263 was one of the ones on my shortlist. Which tripod did you choose instead, and are you happy with it?
Mozzytheboy 5 710 4 United Kingdom
28 Sep 2013 8:23PM
I've had the 263 for a while now, and it sure does everything it says on the box. Delighted with my first 'proppa' 'tripe.'

Mozzy
siduck68 4 6 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2013 12:02AM
Hi

I went for a Manfrotto from Jessops. They price matched wex and I purchased it on interest free credit.

I am really pleased with the new tripod and the customer service at Jessops was much better than Vanguard. My replacement Vanguard tripod never arrived and when I chased it up I was told the managing director forgot to post it and that was all he had to remember to do that day. I was very shocked at their attitude. Very unprofessional.

Simon

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.