Save 50% on inPixio Photo Studio Pro

Video ads?

cats_123 Plus
17 5.0k 30 Northern Ireland
20 Aug 2018 6:59PM
Is it just me? Have suddenly noticed the Nikon video ads at the bottom of the gallery on EVERY shot I'm voting/commenting... finding it quite distracting 😕
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
20 Aug 2018 7:08PM
Like the one below the last forum comment, for the D850 ?

Nikon, apparently, have a big announcement on 23rd, Thursday so there is probably going to be even more of them !
cats_123 Plus
17 5.0k 30 Northern Ireland
20 Aug 2018 7:37PM

Quote:Like the one below the last forum comment, for the D850 ?

Nikon, apparently, have a big announcement on 23rd, Thursday so there is probably going to be even more of them !

yep! That's the one 😀
bricurtis Plus
15 2.4k 51 England
20 Aug 2018 8:34PM
That advert is very annoying, but I suppose it's in the place most likely to be seen.
Unless we we just vote under the image.Smile
viscostatic 14 49 9 United Kingdom
20 Aug 2018 9:55PM
This is a prime example of how advertising just does not work. From now on I think I will just click on vote so that I do not have to see this ad.
justin c 17 5.1k 36 England
20 Aug 2018 10:34PM
Extremely annoying and I can no longer browse Ephotozine when away from home and away from free Wi Fi as I certainly don't want that video add eating up all my data allowance.
So annoying when video adds start playing automatically, especially when you don't have the slightest interest in the product.
20 Aug 2018 11:52PM
....and on the subject of annoying ads...Iím getting peed off with a banner ad, every time Iíve logged on for weeks now...telling me ďitís no jokeĒ Iím the 1000,000th person to log-on and Iíve won the chance to enter some kind of draw for an Apple thingy or other...Sad Sad
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
21 Aug 2018 6:05AM

Quote:So annoying when video adds start playing automatically

Can you not stop that in your browser's preferences ?

I am using Safari and have the feature " Auto-Play " option "Never Auto-Play " selected.
lobsterboy Plus
17 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2018 7:23AM

Quote:....and on the subject of annoying ads...Iím getting peed off with a banner ad, every time Iíve logged on for weeks now...telling me ďitís no jokeĒ Iím the 1000,000th person to log-on and Iíve won the chance to enter some kind of draw for an Apple thingy or other...Sad Sad

I dont think that is an Epz thing, its more of an advert network thing. I have been being followed by an institute of photography ad for ages. If you go into your browser settings and clear cookies then it should go away...just worked for me.
mrswoolybill Plus
14 2.7k 2378 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2018 7:46AM

Quote:This is a prime example of how advertising just does not work.

Precisely. I'm a Nikon user, planning an upgrade, but I find this ad seriously off-putting! It's an unnecessary and unwanted intrusion into my use of the site.

One other thing concerns me - I know a gentleman who suffers from epilepsy, and the cutting of the video, the way it jumps around unpredictably and at speed, is precisely the sort of thing that can trigger his attacks.
mrswoolybill Plus
14 2.7k 2378 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2018 7:55AM
And in the last couple of minutes it has vanished. Hallelujah!
viscostatic 14 49 9 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2018 8:21AM
Yes, it seems to have gone. Perhaps someone is reading these comments.
franken Plus
18 5.2k 4 United Kingdom
21 Aug 2018 9:34AM
I noticed it yesterday when I was on my tablet and soon got bored with the annoyence of it and simply left the site until this morning.
I've recently felt inclined to go back to using an add blocker on my PC . I'm a plus member so I make a contribution anyhow.
altitude50 16 21.4k United Kingdom
21 Aug 2018 9:40AM
Its back again, at least it is on my PC. Still there as I write. Annoying adverts on the internet and on TV make me very unlikely to respond to them in a positive way. For example M**rkats and Welsh Tenors and Captain Infuriation or whatever.
altitude50 16 21.4k United Kingdom
22 Aug 2018 12:23PM
Aaaargh, it's still there! Leading up to tomorrows big reveal no doubt!Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.