Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

View pictures on my DVD player?

kennewby 18 33
29 Jun 2002 3:05PM
does anyone know of a program that creates a slideshow or something similar that can be burnt to a normal cd-r and then viewed on my TV via my dvd player?
So I can view my photos on my TV basically.
thanks
Ken N
tcwobble 19 22
29 Jun 2002 6:48PM
Ken,

No resolution from me, sorry. I just hope you get a positive response as I am interested as well.

TC
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
29 Jun 2002 6:57PM
Yes Ulead DVD PictureShow does this, and we have a test of this on ePHOTOzine so you can find out more. Check it out here.
kennewby 18 33
3 Jul 2002 2:34PM
Thanks for your reply Pete - most helpful
H_brown 19 33
4 Jul 2002 10:01AM
Ken, please let us know how you get on with this software. There is a message in this forum from someone who has had lots of problem getting DVD Picture Show to work.
kennewby 18 33
4 Jul 2002 1:36PM
I have problems when adding video as well as photos with "runtime error" but usually when making just a photo slideshow vcd its OK - even though it is a little sluggish when drag n dropping. plus dont seem to be able to rotate photos - which is a pain cos I have to adjust them all in Photoshop first. which is a pain as weve just had a baby and Ive got hundreds of photos!! there is an alternative program called PICSTODISC which is cheap and cheerful - only problem is none of these programs use transistions between pics which would be nice to spice up slideshows....
Michael56J 19 16
13 Jul 2002 11:23PM
I've just started using Roxio Easy CD Creator Basic which came free with my CD-RW(www.roxio.com) and they claim that their Platinum edition ($99.95 for the boxed upgrade) will create VideoCDs and slide shows "that can be played in most DVD players." I haven't upgraded yet, but it looks interesting.
riwong 18 3
26 Jul 2002 6:47AM
Hi been doing this for years in a video editing program by adobe called Premiere you can add fades,wipes, over 99 types in addition to 99 sound tracks. after your show is rendered it can be outputed to any video format VCD, DVD, Mpeg,VHS, ..........

go to my webpage at: http://rickwong.com/Intro%20to%20Digital%20Video.html for links on digital video products.
absurd 19 228 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2002 7:15AM
I've just downloaded a free program from the HP website which will supposedly do this. I've not had time to try it out yet so can't comment on how good it is.
You need to be registered with the HP site. It requires you to enter the number off a piece of HP kit.
Steve
tonyvizard 19 19
26 Sep 2002 7:15PM
Not sure you really need all this software. Most, if not all DVD players will read JPEGS (not talking high spec here-my DVD cost 69 from ASDA!) so all you need to do is simply write a CD with your shots as JPEGs saved into folders. Done this way you create a digital 'photo album'. My DVD player reads the CD, shows me the directory of my various holiday folders, I select and then it runs a 'slideshow' with an interval of a few seconds - or I can view single shots. You don't ned software to do this, just a CD writer. Your DVD documentation will confirm if your player reads JPEGs. Anyone want slide projector and screen??
kennewby 18 33
26 Sep 2002 7:42PM
I use Ulead picture show
it is very good indeed.
those DVDs from Asda do play jpegs but dont play VCDs or SVCDs ie you will probably find you have to upgrade to a more expensive model very soon!
cheers
Ken
BOB S 18 2.6k
28 Sep 2002 3:15PM
Your question prompted me to look deeper at my CD burning software NERO 5.5, I installed this when I upgraded to WIN XP (my old software was not compatable - surprise surprise!) It allows me to burn pics to Video CD format that I can view on my DVD machine (Pioneer DV525) It seems that I can get an enormous number of pics on one CD, I just burnt ALL my pics (2+ GB) onto one CD with probably enough space left to do it three times over !!
Toymaker 18 587 1
3 Oct 2002 11:23PM
I've bought a copy of "Photos on CD & DVD" by Magix ( http://www.magix.com - but it's cheaper to buy from http://www.amazon.co.uk ). The software seems to work alright and it was fairly easy to create a demo show, complete with backing track.

What I hadn't allowed for was the drop in picture quality. I'd forgotton that a TV only has 625 lines whilst my PC monitor is substantially higher quality.

This isn't a fault with the software - more it's me expecting perfection in everything ;-}
cotopaxi 19 52
1 Nov 2002 3:09PM
DVD Pictureshow does work if you read the instructions properly and better still, read the online manual and not the one that comes in the box- assuming of course you have purchased the boxed version.This program only costs about 20 as opposed to a few hundred for Adobe Premiere but, as should be expected ,does far more.
Handel 18 4
16 Nov 2002 6:12PM
Hello...Can you also add audio with Ulead DVD Picture Show?

Thank You
Steve

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.