Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

View pictures on my DVD player?

bppowell 19 2.2k 2 England
19 Nov 2002 8:23PM
Hi
I have Ulead DVD Picture Show and you can add audio. It can only be in mpa, mp3 or wav format. My problem is I can write a DVD and it plays on my DVD but when I take it to customers who have a DVD player it will not play. I have tried different makes and types of disk but still no joy. Any help on this would be welcome.

Barry
cotopaxi 19 52
30 Dec 2002 7:47PM
To view VCDs on DVD players then the player needs to be VCD Compliant.Most current DVD players are but there are a few around that can't cope with VCDs.I'm sorry but I can't name any particular player but it may be worthwhile checking out this link:-
www.vcdhelp.com
30 Dec 2002 9:50PM
Thanks for the info.

I have found that most DVD drives over 12 months old will not play DVD's or VCD's that have been compiled on a computer. It is only the newer drives that will play them.

I have also found that most of the people I supply have PC's and these will play the disks as long as they have a DVD drive and a program such as WinDVD.

Barry
photodoctor 18 101
31 Dec 2002 12:14AM
Hi Barry.
Just to add to the info from Cotopaxi. The problem may not always be with the VCD format. Some DVD machines just cannot handle CD-R and CD-RW or DVD-R.
Happy New Year.
Chris.
mickjenny 18 1
3 Jan 2003 8:28AM
Hi
I have used DVD Picture Show and looked at a few other sites that deal with compatabilty. It is not just about CR-R or CD-RW the actual make of the disk is also relevant. vcdhelp.com is a good site to start with.
Regards
Mick
3 Jan 2003 9:57AM
Mick
thanks for the tip, I will have look.

Chris
thanks for clearing up and making what I said a lot clearer than the way I said it.

Barry
Sepia 19 140
3 Jan 2003 10:33AM
Hi,
If you just want to play things back onto your TV then you could do the same as me. Not everyone has a DVD or one that is compatable with the one you cut. I use something called Averykey, this is hardware at a silly price, very inexpencive. It gives you dual display on VGA and TV, supports resolutions up to 1024x768. I can make a movie, powerpack pres, slidshow, anything that is on your monitor can be recorded onto video. Be careful with what you record, copywrite etc. Doing this, slideshows can have any effect you want. I bought it to make copies of my animations as so many computers had trouble playing them.
Sepia
3 Jan 2003 3:26PM
Sepia
it sound a very interesting bit of kit. Do you have any more info on Averykey or know where I can get some.

Barry
Sepia 19 140
3 Jan 2003 3:52PM
I got mine from a place called Maplin Electronics. online at www.maplin.co.uk I buy all my computer stuff from them as I have never had any trouble. The only trouble I had with the Avery key was tuning the TV, it's very old model and the picture looks slightly out of focus. When you record though the quality is amazing and that's through an old recorder. You could plug a dvd recorder in if you had one.
Sepia
4 Jan 2003 10:20AM
Thanks

Barry
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
4 Jan 2003 3:08PM
Guys, I tried to use the Ulead DVD Picture Show last night to test on my sparkling new DVD player, but it is refusing to write to the CD saying the drive is not ready. I have a very cheap LG writer (DVD / CDRW combo) and I assume this isn't supported by the Ulead engine. Unfortunately, it is not supported by the engine we use at work (where we have our own DVD Video writing software).
Does anyone have the full version of Picture Show, and if so, is there a list of supported devices ?

Many thanks.
4 Jan 2003 5:16PM
Bri

Try this site.
http://www.ulead.com/dps/compatibility.htm

It could be the CD itself rather than the writer.

Barry
4 Jan 2003 6:26PM
Cheers Barry. My "LG" drive is actually (according to Windows Device Manager) the following:
HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4120B

This is in the list of compatible writers, so it may well be the CDs. They are very cheap Samsung 12x ones I got from Jessops. I will pick up a few better ones from work later tonight and try again.

Cheers.
4 Jan 2003 11:32PM
Well, I tried it with the CDs we use at work and got exactly the same error. However, I could see something had been written to the disc, so on a whim I stuck it in my DVD player and it played fine.
5 Jan 2003 9:17AM
So we have progress. It sounds like one of these rogue error messages, ones that have nothing to do with the real problem.

Barry

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.