50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

View pictures on my DVD player?

ultralight 18 9
15 Feb 2003 4:16AM
Just got the full version of U-Lead and it does indeed put a full slide show on CD that
my DVD player will show on my TV. Thanks for all the help from anyone. Trying to figure
out the Roxio WinonCD program. Terry
Handel 18 4
15 Feb 2003 2:33PM
I've tried a few of these demo's and actually purchased one of the products. When I would render the show and burn to a CD with any of the software, I would lose a lot of quality in my images.

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem?

Thanks
Steve
ultralight 18 9
25 Feb 2003 4:52AM
You can easily make a video CD with "WinonCD 6" in addition to the Ulead program. I have
not noticed an degredation in the quality with either slide show put together with
either of these programs. So glad I found this thread and have been glad to contribute
what has worked for me Terry
aurochs 18 2
18 Mar 2003 7:49AM
I have just burnt a DVD-R using Ulead Picture show 2.0 , with titles and transitions . When watched on TV using my stand alone DVD player , I am quite shocked to see the quality of my pictures are so poor that it is not acceptable at all . Why would anyone pay USD40 something to watch such low quality images on your TV set ? It defeats the whole purpouse of having a photo slide show .

However , the first version of Ulead picture show which has no transitions and titles , prouces better quality images .

any comment ?
cotopaxi 18 52
18 Mar 2003 11:37AM
Check out this link to Ulead and you will see what people think of version 2:-
http://news.ulead.com:8080/%7Ewebutilities
I myself was very disappointed with v2 and have gone back to v1 until they sort out the problems correctly.
You have to take into account that current TV systems are limited to resolutions of 720x576 PAL -720x480 in NTSC.
If HDTV was available the resolutions could be higher but as far as the UK is concerned it's not going to happen for a very long time.
aurochs 18 2
19 Mar 2003 6:28AM
thanks for the link .

Going through the messages posted in the forum , I can be sure of one thing , that is - I am not the only unhappy user of Ulead products.
remedios 17 1
28 Apr 2003 4:46AM
I anyone's interested, I found tvcd (tvcd.biz) an easy to use program. The picture quality on my TV is very good...much better than several other similar programs. But so far the software does not do transitions, though this is promised as an enhancement in the near future.

cr
den2il 17 203 England
19 Jul 2003 5:50PM
I've been using Easy CD & DVD Creator platinum Edition 6 for the last 3 months - BRILLIANT. Friends have got other software including Nero. There always round my gaff, mind you they do pay for the electricity bill!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.