Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Viewing EXIF details

Bridgelayer 14 761 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2014 9:04PM
I've been on this site for a few years now and don't have a website where I display any pics.
When I view the EXIF details of any of my photos in Firefox, the details shown are completely different to my own camera, dates etc. My main worry is that there is a link showing the photo linking to http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/a700/samples/img_0003.jpg for ALL photos, even the same image number. There is no image on the link.
As an owd giffer, can anyone tell me in laymans terms, WTF is or has happened?

I have had no links with Steves Digicams, never had an A700, never bought anything from them.

Thanks in anticipation.
franken Plus
19 5.3k 4 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2014 10:23PM
Am I correct in thinking that you're viewing the images/exif data in your portfolio on EPZ?

If so, I've looked at the details of your last upload and it reads:

Samsung WB700

Date taken 22-05-2012 1.34pm

focal length 19-5mm

Aperture F/4.4

ISO 80

Aperture priority

Centre weighted metering.

No sign of any link with Steves Digicams.

I've had a look at the tree frog image and it shows as being taken by a Canon EOS 450D
Jestertheclown 13 8.5k 253 England
6 Nov 2014 10:36PM
You must be using the EXIF viewer in Firefox?
That tells you just about everything except which eye you closed!
It does also though appear to default to window advertising Steves digicams, by way of a link, just as you say.
So!
Instead of opening your image in Firefox, then accessing the EXIF viewer via the 'tools' menu, open Firefox to its home page, then select EXIF viewer and use the 'select file' button to choose your image.
Select it via the newly-opened window and it will appear in the top box, the one marked 'local file.'
That way, Steve and his digicams will be gone and you'll get the proper EXIF for your image.
collywobles 17 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2014 10:55AM
Most of the good photo enhancement software will give you all the data (PS/Lightroom, Perfect Effects etc)
Bridgelayer 14 761 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2014 11:00AM
Franken, those details are correct.
Jestertheclown, thanks! That's the problem sorted. It's just that I can't understand or figure out how the hell Steve comes into play! I've never even been to his site!
Jestertheclown 13 8.5k 253 England
7 Nov 2014 9:37PM

Quote:I can't understand or figure out how the hell Steve comes into play!

I'm guessing but perhaps Steve (and his digicams) sponsor the extension.
It's not a part of Mozilla.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.