Virgin Media 50Mbps Broadband

Lofty100 13 70 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2008 10:34PM
I bailed out of Virgin's broadband about 3 months ago. I finally lost patience with them, the speed was supposed to be 10mbps, that was okay at the time, but what upset me was the "customer service". For extortionat prices you had the pleasure of listening to crap music till they deigned to speak to you. Then you had the dubious privilige of talking to someone who knows less about virgin's systems than you do.

What finished me with them though was when the virgin pcguard did not pick up a problem not once but twice.

I am now with Vodafone mobile broadband 7.2mbps, but not noticeably slower than Virgin's 10. Also their phone crew's have sorted out problems very quickly and actually seem to know what they are talking about.
brian1208 17 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2008 11:27PM

Quote: For extortionat prices you had the pleasure of listening to crap music till they deigned to speak to you. Then you had the dubious privilige of talking to someone who knows less about virgin's systems than you do.

You must have missed the new service from about a year ago - dial 150 and you get free support

I transferred across from NTL and am currently running 20mbps BB - without problem. I've had e-mail drop out twice and BB once since I signed up with them. Both times it was resolved quickly and politely - so I won't be swapping for any other service soon
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
21 Dec 2008 11:37PM
If your receiving what you regard as bad service from Virgin Media then you need to complain. The following link gives you all the infomation you need to give feedback or make a complaint. When complaining using the methods in the link the company says
Quote:We aim to resolve all written complaints within 28 days and to respond to all e-mails within 48 hours.

For disclosure purposes I work for the business arm of Virgin Media, I can say I wouldn't of admitted that 2 years ago.
mohikan22 Plus
16 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
22 Dec 2008 5:24PM
Virgin(ntl) are fine when everything is working. good speeds (except capping(that sux)) BUT when u have an issue they are USELESS!!!! certainly the call centre isnt in uk. and the read from a screen... please disconenct your modem/shutdown your pc/ etc etc
"yawn" done that, thats why im FONEING!!!! and they tend to forget you setup DD with them for payment and cut you off. BUT the speed is ok, and ill stick with it for now until i find something better
mdpontin 16 6.0k Scotland
22 Dec 2008 6:00PM
Good luck with that. Most of the comments in this thread seem to agree with my experience of Blueyonder/NTL/Virgin: Good reliable service. I've had hardly any dealings with telephone support, but what little I've had has been no worse than the average for such things, perhaps slightly better than that.
carrot_heid 14 198
22 Dec 2008 11:39PM
Best of lot I think is o2. I just setup my BB today getting 6.5MB/s and for 7.50 because I have simplicity mobile phone at a tenner a month. free McAfee and 0800 numbers to call the helpline should you need it

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.