Voting 'experiment'

Phil_D 13 81 Scotland
8 Feb 2007 8:34PM
I have been browsing through the forums recently and have coe across a number of threads discussing the subject of 'clicks' and 'votes' and the value of the system, and 'clicking-circles' etc - I also note that the system is being worked upon (Version 4?) that may address some of these concerns.

I decided to try a little experiment (probably not very scientific, but then I'm not a scientist!). I genuinely enjoy looking through the reader gallery, and if there is an image that i like, for any reason, I like to give it a click, and if I really like, or there is something noteworthy about it, I like to leave a little comment. However, at times I can't help feeling like this is fishing for votes, particularly as there are a number of members whom I regularly comment and click - and again, this is purely because I enjoy their work.

So, my experiment -

I have avoided the gallery for a few days, so no clicks from me for a while (which I feel compelled to apologise for, which leads me back to my point above!). I then post an image (which I happen to quite like, and think is worthy of a look), and then sit back - don't go back into the gallery and click other folks' images, just sit back.

I end up with a few votes (37 votes, 64 views and 15 comments at the last count), but what was really interesting was a couple of the comments - "Suprised not more clicks", "Only 30? You've got to be kidding..." and "Certainly deserves more attention" - comments that I have never had before.

My conclusion is simple - in future I will have 'cicking periods' and 'uploading periods', and keep the two separate. Even better, I could set up a dummy account under a different name - oh damn, thats against EPZ rules ! ! !

Why oh why is my life so racked with guilt?

Phil.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
8 Feb 2007 9:10PM
Tin 'at time!!
MikeRC 15 3.6k United Kingdom
8 Feb 2007 9:31PM

Quote:Why oh why is my life so racked with guilt?

You've certainly got problems.
....Mike
SuziBlue 17 16.2k 10 Scotland
8 Feb 2007 9:33PM

You should be so lucky. They only hang Boyd the right way up once a month 8-] hehe

I agree Timberjack. Do as you please. Take no notice of any arguments, discussions, flames, insults, jibes, jests or jollies. Enjoy it 8-]
Boyd 16 11.2k 11 Wales
8 Feb 2007 9:38PM

Quote:They only hang Boyd the right way up once a month

So that was why you were telling the girls that I was well hung. It certainly had me scratching my head..currently two inches from Keith's cellar floor.
;o)
8 Feb 2007 9:41PM
You still there in Keef's cellar? I thought you were doing 30 days in the sheep dip for good behaviour.

8]
Boyd 16 11.2k 11 Wales
8 Feb 2007 9:47PM
He caught me drinking some 'cos I was thirsty.
So it's back in the wall brace for me.
Bah!
8 Feb 2007 9:53PM
Don't you mean baa-aaa-ahhhhh?
Boyd 16 11.2k 11 Wales
8 Feb 2007 10:00PM
You're such a city girl.
Baa-aaa-ahhhhh means 'Ooh look. There's a funny looking old woman climbin' over the style. Hee, hee, she's trying to take a picture....1/5 of a second by the looks of it. Quick , run around. RUN AROUND!'
It's a rough translation and varies from field to field.
Morpyre Plus
15 1.6k 8 Wales
8 Feb 2007 10:03PM
baa-aaa-ahhhhh! sounds like spongebob squarepants laughing =)

peter "morpyre" turner
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
8 Feb 2007 10:05PM
Is that a translation of Welsh speaking sheep or a English speaking sheep found in Wales
Boyd 16 11.2k 11 Wales
8 Feb 2007 10:07PM
Welsh sheep and English sheep both speak sheep...obviously with regional variations.
Morpyre Plus
15 1.6k 8 Wales
8 Feb 2007 10:08PM
that would be "bllaa-aaa-ahhhhh boyo!" if it was a welsh sheep speaking =)

peter "morpyre" turner
8 Feb 2007 10:17PM
As opposed to 'baaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr airld chap' which an English sheep would say?

(Which, incidentally, is sheepese for 'would you mind awfully if I accompany you to the sheep dip?'
spaceman 16 5.3k 3 Wales
8 Feb 2007 11:42PM

Because you're a landscape photographer.

I'd like to think that one of these isn't really necessary but just to make things absolutely clear.......

Wink

There.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.