VR next to a Racing Bike

PJSPhotography 10 29 2 United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 3:02PM
Thought some of you might like to see one of the photos Iíve been spending a lot of time putting together recently. I canít put it in the gallery here, so this is the only placeÖ. I expect someone will pull the link, if they do you can find the image on my blog.

I've been meaning to try this for some time, finally met up with a cyclist on a nice day and got the shot. Itís taken some time to put together, but I think it works quite well. This chap is training for the Ironman Triathlon - mad Smile

Here's the pic - http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/interactive_photography/sport/training_for_the_ironman_triathlon.php

Would like to know what you all think of it?

Cheers,

Pete

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed 15 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 3:33PM
Peters Photo

Very cool, when I saw just the still I didn't like the warping, but as a 360 I love it.
How do you do these?
Metalhead 12 1.9k 2 England
16 Feb 2010 3:37PM
Here it is: VR
Metalhead 12 1.9k 2 England
16 Feb 2010 3:40PM
Some great examples on your website. I especially like the car showroom shots and the way you've shot above and below so there's no evidence of a tripod.

Very clever stuff.
16 Feb 2010 3:46PM
Thank you Smile How do I do it? well..... basically these pix are made up of at least 8 still shots, 6 around, one up and one down. Depending on camera and lens combo this can differ.... I've got one setup that will do it in 2 shots, very low quality though.

I like doing the car shots, they can be quite tricky.... most of them are HDR composite images - usually made from 9 panoramas altogether.
dathersmith 12 564 12 United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 3:47PM
An interesting concept that I've seen for building interiors before but for something like a cyclist I feel it would be better if you could rotate the bike and move around it if you see what I mean. Still very interesting to look at and you've done a great job putting it together.

Darren.
16 Feb 2010 3:56PM
it can be done.... a lot of work to remove the shadow from the tripod though - would be better to take in the summer to reduce the shadow length. To spin the bike around I would take at least 16 photos.... 32 ideally. Have a few smaller object 360s on my site.

Pete
fraser 16 631 14 Scotland
16 Feb 2010 5:29PM
That is impressive; it gives such a feeling of depth.

Fraser
justin c 16 5.1k 36 England
16 Feb 2010 6:10PM
He might want to get his buckled wheel, in the second shot, fixed before the event Wink
User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
16 Feb 2010 6:40PM
Excellent Peter. Excellent...

I particularly like the Steam Engine VR - and the Gigapixel work is very impressive.
dathersmith 12 564 12 United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 10:37PM
Just had a look at your site Pete, some great stuff there.

Darren.
17 Feb 2010 9:39AM
Thank you Smile Yes he needs to get the buckled wheel sorted out lol

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.