Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

VS MODE

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : to avoid two threads discussing same feature

paskinmj 7 11 1 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2012 11:41AM
Is there any way that I can withdraw my work from being used in the new VS Mode. I personally find this new function wrong on many levels; When I upload my images to this site, I am sharing a memory and an art thats very personal to ME. If anyone appreciates my work then, thats a bonus. I do not want it being pitched against anyone else's work thats just as personal to them, for someone else to make a split second decision of whats "hot or not"? This is NOT what photography all about.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit 7 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2012 11:55AM
Do you not want it compared to something else, or do you just not want to be told about it? People will compare images with this feature or without - they will give someone else's a 'vote' and not yours (or vice versa). Is this any different? But I can see how the 'competitive' element of the feature can seem tacky: I can imagine that comparing your memory to someone else's and being told 'yours is not as good' can be (this is probably not the right phrase) seen as a slap in the face.

The solution is to have a 'don't buzz me' option on the image page or on your profile.
Pete Plus
15 18.8k 96 England
2 Oct 2012 11:59AM
I'll close this thread as there's a discussion about it all here VS MODE
To answer your specific question

1. Option to Opt-Out of VS Mode. (available now in My Settings > Website Options > Gallery Options)

You can now choose to remove your photos from the vs mode. If you ever wish to change your mind, just change this setting back to opt-in and your photos will be available in vs mode again.