Save An Extra 10% On Portrait Pro v21 With Code: NM2367

VW mess...

jondf 14 2.8k
23 Sep 2015 5:34PM
As a Volkswagen driver I've more than a passing interest in the calamity the world's leading volume car manufacturer now finds itself. The world's changed as a result. A corporate giant exposed for what many believe them to be. Profit, deception, profit, shareholders, profit, computers, profit, deception, smoke, mirrors...
altitude50 16 20.4k United Kingdom
23 Sep 2015 5:45PM
More smoke than mirrors........Tongue

No doubt a very highly paid lawyer will get them out of it........
brian1208 17 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2015 5:49PM

Quote:No doubt a very highly paid lawyer will get them out of it........

US legal system vs European company, there can be only one winner - the US has the system so well stacked that even if they were innocent they would be found guilty, so as they have admitted their guilt - not a cat in hell's chance

Watch all the "Class Actions" start via civil courts too, the US lawyers will have a feeding frenzy that will leave sharks shocked
petebfrance 8 2.9k France
23 Sep 2015 5:53PM

Quote:More smoke than mirrors........Tongue

No doubt a very highly paid lawyer will get them out of it........

Will have to be a pretty-good lawyer. The saga seems to have begun over a year ago, according to this http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/vw-emissions-scandal-how-story-unfolded and it looks to be an open and shut case.....well, as much as is possible these days.
thewilliam 12 6.1k
23 Sep 2015 6:00PM
Never did like diesel cars, so I have a petrol VW. Has the value of used VW cars gone into free-fall?
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
23 Sep 2015 6:09PM
I might have to start using just one turbo. Wink
petebfrance 8 2.9k France
23 Sep 2015 6:15PM
Its the fact that they admitted it that surprised me. Couldn't they just have used the old 'computer error' dodge? Always worksWink
collywobles 16 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2015 7:03PM
It has no effect on customers and drivers.
Snapper 15 4.5k 3 United States Outlying Islands
23 Sep 2015 7:16PM

Quote:It has no effect on customers and drivers.

There are many customers and drivers who have been disappointed by the real life MPG figures compared to the fantasy official ones, so I think they might not agree with you!
jondf 14 2.8k
23 Sep 2015 7:22PM
Yes, the mighty Volkswagen Group reduced to the level of con merchant. There's been talk of recalls but recall for what? Removal of the rogue software? Re-engineering to make cars emit what they're supposed to? Can't see that being possible somehow. The pitfalls are endless.
RogBrown 13 3.1k 10 England
23 Sep 2015 7:28PM

Are you serious? What about the fact that your car will have to be recalled & not allowed back on the road until it has been modified to comply with regulations with the consequent effect on performance, economy etc.
Spencer1966 8 85 1 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2015 8:25PM

Quote:

Well if it does effect UK - what about road tax thats based on the C02 - I am sure the DVLA will be interested to recoup some underpayments. What about company car drivers that pay tax based on the C02 emissions !!!!

we could be talking a vast amount of money me thinks Wink

ChuckBrix 15 127 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2015 8:34PM
Broadband speeds exaggerated, mobile monthly costs made confusing, power suppliers in collusion, Politicians telling us a load of lies, being told we are the fifth richest country in the world yet we cannot repair our roads and pay for social housing, FIFA Cycling Athletics. I could go on,
The people at the top have always lied to the folk at the bottom of the pile, the major difference now is that things are discovered. Other car makers are likely to be doing the same, will they now come clean, probably not the best way to describe them as coming clean.
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
23 Sep 2015 8:34PM
There is now some doubt about petrol engines and their carbon dioxide emission figures. Probably looking at a huge aluminium can of worms.
jondf 14 2.8k
23 Sep 2015 9:59PM

Quote: I could go on... [quote/]

Indeed. Moral decency crumbling in the name of an advantage gained at the expense of the truth. If a massive organisation like VW is prepared to lie in order that it might overfeed a devouring consumerist world, we're on the slippery slope to hell.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.