Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Waiting For My Mac

Rev2 11 302 2 England
6 Jun 2012 12:51PM
(To mis-quote Lou Reed)

It's been 400 days since the last iMac update and with the average being 273 days there'll surely be an announcement at next week's Worldwide Developers Conference with the mac rumours sites anticipating big things.

My iMac turned 6 years old this year and I have a wad of John Lewis vouchers burning a hole in my top drawer so I can't wait to see what's on offer.

There's talk of a Retina display though that could be wishful thinking but the glossy screen will surely be replaced & I hope Mountain Lion will come installed along with a good dose of memory & 1.5TB HD as standard.

Anyone else awaiting the announcement with baited breath?

p.s. I've bought 3 Windows laptops for the family in the last year and I use another for work so no need to try to convert me. I know what I like (in my wardrobe) Wink
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2012 1:13PM

Quote:I know what I like (in my wardrobe) Wink
A lawnmower or have I the wrong song? Grin
Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
6 Jun 2012 1:29PM
The "Green, green grass" I seem to remember from my adolescent days? Smile
Zatoichi 12 707 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2012 1:48PM

Quote:The "Green, green grass" I seem to remember from my adolescent days? Smile

The thing with a Mac is that it'll still make sense even when you're stoned, I'm sure Tongue
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2012 2:55PM

Quote:The thing with a Mac is that it'll still make sense even when you're stoned, I'm sure
I was hoping it would make sense some time Tongue
Stoned sounds more plausible Smile
Zatoichi 12 707 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2012 3:10PM

Quote:Stoned sounds more plausible Smile

Its also rumoured you avoid the inevitable 'whities' you get with a PC, as it groans under the weight of its own problems Tongue
Rev2 11 302 2 England
6 Jun 2012 7:13PM

Quote:I know what I like (in my wardrobe) Wink A lawnmower or have I the wrong song? Grin

Correct but I haven't a clue what everyone's on about!
macroman 18 15.3k England
6 Jun 2012 8:13PM
You definitely need a Mac with this weather, methinks, and keep the Windoze closed! Grin
Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
6 Jun 2012 11:19PM

Quote:....and keep the Windoze closed!

All 7 of them! Grin
User_Removed 17 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2012 12:17PM
Looking at your photos Rev, I can see many have that MacProcessed look to them that I mentioned in another thread. I don't know if anyone else notices it, might just be me. It's like some have an extra edge around the subject, especially against the sky. Do you ever check them on a matt screen?
Coleslaw 16 13.4k 28 Wales
7 Jun 2012 12:46PM
Emmmm, his iMac is 6 years old. I am not sure if glossy iMac screen available then?
colin beeley Plus
18 1.2k 10 England
7 Jun 2012 4:39PM
hi chris_l i use an imac what you on about ?
7 Jun 2012 5:08PM
I can tell, most of your pictures, to my eye, look oversaturated.

At this point you might blame my monitor. I then defend that saying it's a decent HP LP2475w which is calibrated with a Spyder 3. I'm viewing your images in Firefox with colour management on and the correct monitor profile loaded. Most other photos in the gallery don't look oversaturated.

I've noticed it from other Mac users but not all. I know that some don't rely on the so-called 'built-in calibration' but do proper calibration.
colin beeley Plus
18 1.2k 10 England
7 Jun 2012 5:34PM
chris_l i think you will find my images were taken on the flash setting in camera that might be why, only the last five of my images were done on my new imac. all worked in canons DPP .
7 Jun 2012 7:04PM
I should say I don't think they are grossly oversaturated, but the skin tones seem a little artificial. Others might totally disagree and I don't mean any offence. Your photos (compostiion, clarity etc) are very, very good too (imo)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.