Watch out, watch out, scammer about.

RipleyExile 16 1.6k 17 England
12 Jun 2008 8:51PM
Nothing says scam more than 'Give me your details'.

Quote:
3 Whitehall Court, London,
SW1A 2EL London
Private Mobile: 44 704 576 2068

My name is Harry Jantamanta, UN humanitarian abuse reporter here in UN Independent Station United Kingdom. I got your contact through cross border business information centre situated here in London as an online investor.

On behalf of my partners, I seek your assistance to accommodate and invest for us the sum of USD22.6M. The money in question is sourced to us by a particular head of states as a gesture for appreciation of a good work rendered to their country, but In line with the moral principal of our services, we are not required to accept gift of any kind nor own more than 10,000 USD in our respective bank account, hence our plea to be represented by a trust worthy person to accommodate and invest the sum for us.

Please note that this request is not a hoax.
We count on your ability to accommodate and invest the funds for us until we are able to process our resignation successfully.

If you are interested please provide me with the following in return email:

YOUR NAME IN FULL
YOUR OFFICE OR RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
TEL AND FAX NUMBER

As soon as I hear from you, further details regarding the transaction will be unveiled to you.

I look forward for your urgent response.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 12 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2008 9:02PM
I had a good one yesterday, puportedly from HMRC saying I was eligible for a plausibly small tax refund. Please fill in the attached form and return within 48 hours. The form was, again, a plausible HMRC-type form on which you were supposed to enter all of your .... credit card details Grin A clever premise but with a big whoopsy at the end. I suppose some people will fall for it. They usually do.
mad-dogs 17 2.2k England
12 Jun 2008 9:02PM
Time to call for assistance from Father Hector !
Pearybhoy 13 47 Scotland
12 Jun 2008 9:18PM
They prey on the greedy and needy
NickParry 14 1.0k 79 Wales
12 Jun 2008 9:27PM

Quote:Time to call for assistance from Father Hector!

That was hilarious ! spent about 20 minutes reading it.

Nick
discreetphoton Plus
15 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2008 9:33PM

Quote:They prey on the greedy and needy

If you're that greedy, you probably deserve it. It's the needy and less-astute that I worry about.
fauxtography 14 6.6k 36
12 Jun 2008 9:54PM

Quote:It's the needy and less-astute that I worry about.

Well just keep your dad away from the PC! Wink
mikeweeks 15 978 3 England
12 Jun 2008 10:03PM
I thought I had seen them all until I received this one 2 days ago , unfortunately it was dated 2 years ago, something like this could really scare somebody - for me spam has just become EVIL and not just devious.

Quote:SOMEONE YOU CALL YOUR FRIEND, WANTS YOU DEAD.

I felt very sorry and bad for you, that your life is going to end like this if you don't comply, i was paid to eliminate you and I have to do it within 10 days.

Someone you call your friend wants you dead by all means, and the person have spent a lot of money on this, the person also came to us and told us that he wants you dead and he provided us your names, photograph and other necessary information we needed about you. If you are in doubt with this I will send you
your name and where you are residing in my next mail.

Meanwhile, I have sent my boys to track you down and they have carried out the necessary investigation needed for the operation, but I ordered them to stop for a while and not to strike immediately because I just felt something good and sympathetic about you. I decided to contact you first and know why somebody
will want you dead by all means. Right now my men are monitoring you, their eyes are on you, and even the place you think is safer for you to hide might not be.

Now do you want to LIVE OR DIE? It is up to you. Get back to me now if you are ready to enter deal with me, I mean life trade, who knows, and I might just spear your life, $8,000 is all you need to spend. You will first of all pay $3,000 then I will send the tape of the person that want you dead to you and when the tape gets to you, you will pay the remaining $5,000. If you are not ready for my help, then I will have no choice but to carry on the assignment after all I have already being paid before now.

Warning: do not think of contacting the police or even tell anyone because I will extend it to any member of your family since you are aware that somebody want you dead, and the person knows some members of your family as well.

For your own good I will advise you not to go out once is 7pm until I make out time to see you and give you the tape of my discussion with the person who want you dead then you can use it to take any legal action. Good luck as I await your reply to this e-mail contactSad/>assassinassassinman@gmail.com)

Mr .William yahman.
Why are you involve to be killed, reply or you wait for your death

mad-dogs 17 2.2k England
12 Jun 2008 10:25PM

Quote:Quote:Time to call for assistance from Father Hector!That was hilarious ! spent about 20 minutes reading it.

Nick

The questionnaire cracks me up every time I read it.
discreetphoton Plus
15 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2008 11:01PM

Quote:Well just keep your dad away from the PC!

We do try Mark, honest!
3 Jul 2008 11:42AM
Here's a lengthy one for all you Christians out there.

Quote:Dear In Christ,

I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ our Lord, I am mrs Linda Adams from Australia . I am married to Mr Alex Adams who worked with Australia embassy in Ivory Coast for nine years before he died in the year 2000.We were married for eleven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Before his death we were both born again Christians.

Since his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against.When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$2.7 million dollars in a Bank here in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire.
Presently, this money is still in bank.Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem.

The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a charity organization or induvigal that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein.

I want an organization that will use this fund for orphanages, schools, churches and widows, propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that giveth". I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers.

I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace". I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this development. With God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank here in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire.

I will also issue you an authority letter that will prove you the present beneficiary of this fund. I want you and the church to always pray for me because the lord is my shephard. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life. Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another church/organisation for this same purpose. Please promise me that you will act accordingly as I Stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply.

Remain blessed in the Lord Take care,

In Christ's Holy Love
Yours Sister in Christ
Mrs Linda Adams

Strobe 12 1.3k United States
3 Jul 2008 11:45AM
As a laugh I normally reply to spammers with a 20 - 30Mb attachment
3 Jul 2008 11:49AM
I thought about replying with the death threat scam above.
Henchard 15 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
3 Jul 2008 11:50AM

Quote:As a laugh I normally reply to spammers with a 20 - 30Mb attachment

So how do you know where it has originated (I mean the Spam not a scammers return address)? As merely hitting reply means that you are merely spamming the unfortunate whose email address has been used.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.