Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Watches & Small Still Life Photography

20 Nov 2012 5:37PM
Watches are not the easiest of subjects to photograph, with their reflective crystals and polished cases. I enjoy photographing them as they're another hobby of mine but they do require a bit of concentration unless you plan to spend hours in PS with a single image. Tongue Here's my latest shot of my 18k Rolex 116138 Datejust. Any comments are more than welcome though be nice, I'm new here! Smile

[edited by epz, please use the gallery]
MacroMeister 8 62 4 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2012 5:50PM
Welcome.

Personally I prefer my Casio Protrek plastic watch (£175)!Grin

Good shots though - nicely done. I might have gone in a bit closer on the watch. Have you tried using a polarizer on the lens to reduce the glare?
GarethRobinson 15 1.0k 2 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2012 5:54PM
Welcome to EPZ, I think if you post the shots in your EPZ folio you may get more feedback.
The shot you posted is ok but could be more close up.
20 Nov 2012 5:56PM
Hi MM!! Yes, I often use a polarizer for these. On the domed crystals of old vintage sports watches they're imperative.

This one was done using one:

[link removed, please use gallery]
20 Nov 2012 5:59PM
Gareth, have done quite a few of this one up close so this deliberately taken at a slightly greater distance. It works better in 1200-1500 pixels on a large screen, though.

[link removed, please use gallery]

Will try to get a couple of images uploaded later on. This is the first site I've come across where IMG code for hosted images doesn't work which is why I've plonked the links in there for now.
20 Nov 2012 11:45PM
21 Nov 2012 10:45AM
Right, think I've cracked it!!

MacroMeister 8 62 4 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2012 10:16PM

Quote:Right, think I've cracked it!!

It's not difficult is it! Wink
21 Nov 2012 10:33PM
Hmm.. 'tis if you leave the ruddy polariser off..Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.