Don't Miss Out On Top-Selling Deals From Park Cameras - Find Out More

Watersport action shots

p-g 16 126 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2004 1:48PM
Anyone in East Yorks (or further afield if you want) wanting to take some wakeboard/skiing action shots from the back of our boat are quite welcome to join us when the weather starts to warm up. We have boarders who will (possibly!!!) be doing tricks (inverts, 360s etc) with hopefully plenty of action. May onwards is probably a good time but it's all dependant on the weather. No cost involved, except getting yourselves to Brandesburton, near Beverley. Let me know and I can give you more details.
Paul

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Firebaby 16 1.2k Faroe Islands
26 Mar 2004 5:48PM
Hello Paul,

I'd be keen to take you up on your kind offer. I live in Beverley, (when I'm not in LA as I am for the next few weeks!), and would appreciate to opportunity to 'have a go'.

Thanks again,

Andrew
26 Mar 2004 6:29PM
Andrew
I'll see what the reaction is then get in touch. In any case you're welcome to join us - we're there (Billabong) most week-ends in the summer.
Paul
26 Mar 2004 6:33PM
Thanks Paul, look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew
shorty 16 7 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2004 6:51AM
Hi Paul, thanks for the invite - that sounds great! It'll make a change to pointing the 300D at bridges and birds! Please e-mail me (mike@tshortland.karoo.co.uk. Look forward to hearing from you - much appreciated, Mike.
2 Apr 2004 12:03PM
Ok, if we can get a couple more then we could take 3/4 hours at the pond with my son and his mates providing the action. Will have to be week-end if that's ok.
As it's what I do in real life, I could also provide an award for the best shot of the day, to be chosen by the boarders. Say the winning photo printed onto a plaque?? How's that grab you?
Paul
2 Apr 2004 3:32PM
Sounds good to me aul.

Andrew
26 May 2004 2:27PM
Maybe now's the time start thinking about when we could get together to take some shots.
On my son's suggestion I think we'll change the venue to Yorkshire Water Ski Club, Welton Waters. The pond we use at Brandesburton is for recreational skiers etc and gets very busy with 3 boats allowed on at a time. At Welton there would be only one boat on the pond and I know it'll be much better photography-wise. Hopefully there'll be 3 wakeboarders. We could even get 2/3 hours in after work weekdays if it suits. All weather dependant of course.
So if you could let me know what days/dates are NO GOOD for you we'll get started.
26 May 2004 3:23PM
OK, at the moment, weekdays are no good to me - weekends good, weekdays bad!
15 Jun 2004 1:23PM
This week-end (19-20 June) could be OK if the weather holds. I work Sat morns but could get to Welton say 2ish. Hopefully there will be 4 of us as my friend has just bought a 70-300 for his D70.
We need to co-ordinate this with the club and boarders so let me know asap.
Paul (you can contact me by phone at work if you wish - 223997)
15 Jun 2004 7:24PM
Count me in Paul. I'll be down there from 2 ish(unless the weather's really bad). Don't worry if you can't make it - it's literally just round the corner from me. Oh, and you won't have trouble recognising me - I'll be the one with the big EC grin Grin

Cheers, Mike
15 Jun 2004 7:24PM
Sorry - double post
16 Jun 2004 11:13AM
Hello Paul,

I'm afraid that I am not able to make this weekend. I really am interested in doing this so if another weekend comes up I really would be interested.

Andrew
16 Jun 2004 12:01PM
Mike & Andrew.
Saturday is now not good for my friend with the D70 and as Andrew is no good for this weekend how about we try the following Sunday morning (27th). With the extra time we can plan it a bit better and firm it up sooner. The boarders will fit into our plans - they live down there Smile
Mike - please bring your EC with you so we can show you where to ....... hang it. Not jealous at all, you'll notice Smile
22 Jun 2004 8:55AM
Paul, Im afraid I definitely wont be able to make it on the 27th . Im really sorry. Maybe some other time? Mike.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.