Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Ways to upload

milo42 8 2 United Kingdom
11 May 2015 10:16PM
The upload page concept is a bit old fashioned I'd like to get some integration with lightroom going if possible, anybody know if its possible to upload photos here via FTP or other method?

I have had a look around and not finding anything so hoping some tech wizard knows a way,

Thanks chris.
saltireblue Plus
11 12.2k 76 Norway
12 May 2015 5:43AM
Chris, I've asked Web Dev to post an answer here.
davidburleson 14 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
12 May 2015 8:27AM
Hi Chris,

Currently, the only way to upload to ePHOTOzine is via either the 'upload a photo' option in the Photos menu at the top or using the Multi-uploader in your profile.

We will consider lightroom integration as a future feature.

milo42 8 2 United Kingdom
12 May 2015 8:53AM
Thanks for the reply.
You don't need to integrate with lightroom per se via a custom plug in development if you had FTP upload then there are already plug ins for lightroom that do FTP so there are many options that would avoid the cost of you having to develop a plug in or how about hooking up to a dropbox folder and importing whatever images the user drops in there some services I use take this route very successfully.

Anyway I look forward to any steps you can take in this direction let me know if you need such a feature testing having to use the upload page is really the thing that's holding me back from using the site more.

Regards Chris.
davidburleson 14 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
12 May 2015 11:30AM
The main problem will all these options is that we require a number of additional details from photos before we can accept them, for example 'Adult content'. Alot of details can be extracted from EXIF, but adult content is a really important detail we need the user to verify.

If you're finding it a bit clunky to upload, I'd suggest using the Multi-uploader. It will allow you to upload a number of photos at once.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.