Up To 50% Off Regatta Clothing + An Extra 10% Discount With Code: MSSEXTRA10

wearing glasses and manual focusing

mattw 17 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2010 4:01PM
I wear glasses (when photographing) as I am short sighted.

I keep the diopter set to the default position, and focus wearing the glases. Never been a problem for me, even for macro photography.

I usually work outside, so taking the glases off to focus, only to have to put them back on again so I can see when I am photographing would be very annoying.
whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2010 6:01PM
I slide mine up and down my nose Smile But only when doing macro stuff like jewellery as I need to get very fine detail in stones, so see much better on the live view without them.
fran_weaver 11 44 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2010 6:05PM
I must admit I've never used live view, maybe I should give it a go!
whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2010 9:03PM
It's worth trying for macro shots, I find that zooming in and focusing on the detailed areas I need helps.
PhotoKaren 11 26 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2010 1:52PM
I wear glasses but take them off for photographing. I have the view finder set so that it corrects my sight.
I do have to concentrate hard as I have to make sure Im not over correcting. Just don't put your glasses on top of your head if you do that as I had to keep going back to Specsaver to have the arms mended. Oops Grin

I do also have contacts but can't photographer with them as my eyes can't focus properly with them.
LensYews 12 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2010 4:49PM
hmm, maybe I need to give contacts ago, as I'm also not convinced my glasses are helping the focusing either, but I need to use both eyes when photographing sport. One for the viewfinder and the other to keep an eye on what else is happening

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.