Web hosting companies

puertouk 8 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2014 11:29AM
Hi guys,
I am changing my web hosting company next month, as they have upped my current price and have been looking for a new one. I have a couple in mind at the moment, Fatcow & Hostpapa. Does anyone have either of these or could you recommend a good web hosting company at a reasonable price?

Many thanks
Stephen

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L 6 5.5k United Kingdom
11 Sep 2014 11:34AM
In 2013 I got a five year deal with JustHost 60, 1 a month. Not sure what their price is now.

I can't vouch for them though. It's a small site with very light traffic. It's never been down when I've looked, but that's not very often.

You will see people recommending hosts they think are reliable but unless they are monitoring downtime and stress-testing their sites it's not really too meaningful.
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.8k 58 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2014 12:48PM
Wix was one i looked at the other day, but i don't yet know what i want.
Also there is one related to ephotozine, but i could not seem to log onto that when i tried the other day.

Keen to hear what you decide, Are you looking to directly sell photo's via the site too?
puertouk 8 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2014 2:14PM

Quote:Keen to hear what you decide, Are you looking to directly sell photo's via the site too?

Hi Jack, Yes I sell my images on my present site, so I'll be doing the same on the new one. Will let you know who I go for.
rheyes 15 74 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2014 4:19PM
Have a look at Aegis Hosting , excellent service, and never had any problems.

Richard
lemmy 12 2.8k United Kingdom
11 Sep 2014 4:50PM

Quote:In 2013 I got a five year deal with JustHost 60, 1 a month. Not sure what their price is now.

I use them too but the price goes up a good bit when you renew, as it does with all of them. They've been entirely problem free for me too. One thing I lie is that you can cancel at any time and they will refund the time unused so you can't get stuck with them if there's something you don't like.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.