Get 50% off Adobe CC Photography plan with any X-Rite ColorChecker Photo product!

Website finally completed

mcgovernjon 11 138 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2010 12:05PM
I've finally finished my website; please tell me what you think!

link

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 13 2.1k 7 England
4 Jun 2010 12:22PM
Well I like the simple home page and the page after that. But I think you need a better way of navigating your galleries. Only having the arrow to go back to the main gallery and then having to click on the next image is a pain. Put another arrow to take people to the next image.

I would also have a home button somewhere so you don't have to click back a lot to get to the main navigation page.

But it's nice to see something a little different which I think the red text and home page do.
4 Jun 2010 2:39PM
Hi
You can click each photo to take you to the next one... Thanks for having a look around Grin
JamesGarfield 11 915 4 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2010 3:00PM
Hi Jon
just had a good look through your website, like your work but a few thoughts on the site:

1. The front page doesn't say what you are or what you do, this may affect the way google crawls your site, making it disapear into the depths of search results.
2. As above really the lack of text in your galleries will also possibly limit it for search results IE next to each of my pics on my website I have my name and a name for each shot (I admit mine are a little cheesy).
3. Your thumbnails are diiferent sizes? I have the same problem with some of mine but when I look at the pros sites they have them all the same size which does look a little better.
4. I found it very slow to load, to the point where I just clicked back to the main page.

I do like minimalism but I think it's a little bare, as I said it's not short of good pics but be careful that doesn't affect its ranking in the search results.

Hope that helps?
Regards
James
akh Plus
16 1.2k 5 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2010 3:10PM

Quote:You can click each photo to take you to the next one...

This is not obvious. I spent some time going backwards and forwards through the images until I got bored and left your site. I would also agree with James' first comment about lack of information on your home page. Personally I wasn't keen on the red text but it was a nice clean site although a little slow to load.
Tony
4 Jun 2010 4:08PM
Thanks everyone. I will consider adding titles, and perhaps pay for hosting to make it faster Smile
66tricky 13 742 Scotland
4 Jun 2010 6:24PM

Quote:You can click each photo to take you to the next one...

This is not obvious. I spent some time going backwards and forwards through the images until I got bored and left your site. I would also agree with James' first comment about lack of information on your home page. Personally I wasn't keen on the red text but it was a nice clean site although a little slow to load.
Tony

The navigation is unintuitive I'm afraid. When I click a back arrow I expect to go back to the previous page but it actually goes forward "back" to the index page, so when you're done and go back to the first page you find yourself at the prev viewed picture. Navigation should be clear and not take the viewer down a blind alley. If they got there by Gooogle they'd expect to be able to go back to their serach from what appeared to be the place of entry to the site.

But, that all said, I do like your images.
Desh_M 15 404
14 Jun 2010 6:06PM
it gives an error. Looks like the folder structure of a linux machine

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.