30-Day FREE Amazon Prime Trial - Get Ready For Prime Day 2021

Website Images

gib spawny 17 46 1 United Kingdom
23 Mar 2006 3:48AM
I've been asked to supply some images for a taxi website showing some local pictures to pad out some blank areas of the website.

This all came about on getting a lift home after a night out with the lads and swapped business cards.

I'm hoping for a link back to my site, but has asked how much? I've not supplied images for the web before. This is not a major .com launch just a local taxi firm. I'm using very generic local landscape stock images that I have. So these will be of good quality but not award winners.

What would you charge?
Boyd 17 11.2k 11 Wales
23 Mar 2006 3:54AM
Free lift home every weekend for the rest of my life.
Camairish 15 1.4k Scotland
23 Mar 2006 10:58AM
If it's just for local interest then getting a credit on the website for the imagery may provide to be more lucrative in the long term than the small amount of cash they're likely to pay for the images. I've lost a couple of potential sales for images for home pages of small websites by charging too much (80-100). I sold an image of a lighthouse recently to be used as a logo on the home page of a small site (in another country) for 40. I get the feeling that may be around as much as I could expect for that sort of thing. Hope that helps a bit,
Ian.
peter_davey 15 1.4k England
24 Mar 2006 4:04AM
I did some stuff for my Martial Arts club,. product shots of gear, just did it on an hourly rate basis (65 quid).

They asked me to do 4 shoots now I think, so must have been happy.

Out of interest do you think 25 quid per shot per use is a bit low as payment from a Pets magaine ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.