Prime Day 2020: Get An Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial

Wedding Rookie Seeks Experience

pali 17 10
9 Jun 2004 2:41PM
Hi

Im just starting out in wedding photography, and so far have covered one wedding reception ( www.actionarchive.com/weddings/).

I really like the informal, natural style of Annabel Williams, Tamara Peel, and Jeff Ascough.

I was wondering if there are any wedding photographers in the Cambridge area that shoot in a similar style that could offer my some advice, and possibly allow my to attend a wedding with them as a second photographer.

Any advice appreciated !

Many thanks
deancarney 17 247 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2004 7:49AM
Hi Pali,

I asked the very same question last year when I was starting out. Basically, you have to see it from the official photographer's point of view in that he would be training potential competition.
I would very much doubt you would get an offer here, but my advice, and its the same advice I took last year, is to find out when and where weddings are taking place and just go and see what the photographer does (unobtrusively of course!) and maybe take some pictures using a telephoto yourself.

All the very best,
Dean

www.deancarney.co.uk
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2004 10:15AM
You would be welcome to come along with us, but we're in Lancashire. Email for any more info debbie@dvdreams.co.uk
kelart 16 570
10 Jun 2004 12:27PM
is there anyone form london/essex area? maybe there are some experienced members who would like to share their knowledge?Wink not too many creative wedding/portrait photographers in the east london area, though.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.