Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Weekly b&w challenge ending 8 pm,13th Dec.'Twas the calm before Christmas --

Snapper Plus
13 4.3k 3 United States Outlying Islands
6 Dec 2017 9:36PM
I'm going to pick something a bit more seasonal for this challenge, and I'm going to go for the "calm before the storm" run-up to Christmas. The challenge this week is to take some time to enjoy the lead-in to the big event before the panic and pandemonium starts, and I'm looking for photos that capture this seasonal calm.

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday 13th December
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
8 8.4k 33 Norway
7 Dec 2017 7:58AM
Ah, you mean the state of panic before the real state of panic kicks on Christmas eve when you still haven't bought 'er indoors a pressie...😳
JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
7 Dec 2017 10:12AM
I'll just retrieve the shed roof which has blown into next-door's garden, then I'll think of something for the challenge.
Snapper Plus
10 Dec 2017 11:02AM
According to the news, there seems to be a considerable quantity of white stuff around in many parts of the country, so you'll only need to look for darker bits to go with it today. Wink
cattyal Plus
13 8.6k 6 England
13 Dec 2017 7:58PM
Damn - I'm sorry folks - I've left it far too last minute this week - that'll serve me right. I'm about an hour out this evening and have just looked at the time on the laptop.

I'll do better next week but apologies for now!
SlowSong Plus
10 7.7k 30 England
13 Dec 2017 8:03PM
Oh blimey, Alison. I forgot too. The naughty step for us this week. Sorry. SadSadSad
cattyal Plus
13 8.6k 6 England
13 Dec 2017 8:14PM
I did plan to sort something out earlier this evening but due to one visitor and various jobs I wanted to get out of the way I just lost track of time. I will admit though to having failed to come up with a photo specifically for the challenge and was going to search my weeks pics in the hope I had something suitable.

I think I need to sort some sort of weekend reminder to come up on the laptop and give me a nudge!
Snapper Plus
13 Dec 2017 8:20PM
Since it's the season of goodwill, there will be no naughty step this week for those who didn't quite get over the line.Wink

I'm impressed by the variety of your interpretations of the topic, (and the deep meaning behind Simon's photo!) but it really has to be Eddie's photo as it says "Christmas" more than any of the others. Congrats to all who participated and over to you for next week's topic Eddie. Smile
JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
13 Dec 2017 8:36PM
That is a super shot, Eddie. Congratulations. So what did you call the reindeer?

Thank you for the challenge, Peter, some very interesting entries.
SlowSong Plus
10 7.7k 30 England
13 Dec 2017 8:42PM
Love your winning pic, Eddie. So funny. Grin
KrazyKA 2 929 United Kingdom
13 Dec 2017 8:50PM
I did a pic this morning but forgot to put it on Sad
saltireblue Plus
8 8.4k 33 Norway
13 Dec 2017 9:17PM
Bravo, Eddie ol' mucker, and thanks to all who took part. And to Peter for the challenge.Smile
New naughty step will be in place soon, big enough to accommodate more forgetful old biddies.TongueTongueTongue
(That's done it, I'll never win another b&w or macro challenge)
SlowSong Plus
10 7.7k 30 England
13 Dec 2017 10:03PM

Quote:Bravo, Eddie ol' mucker, and thanks to all who took part. And to Peter for the challenge.Smile
New naughty step will be in place soon, big enough to accommodate more forgetful old biddies.TongueTongueTongue
(That's done it, I'll never win another b&w or macro challenge)

You did that on purpose. You just wait. Wink
EddieAC Plus
13 2.1k 2 United Kingdom
13 Dec 2017 10:26PM
Many thanks Peter!! I was also looking at photographing a queue of people but this being my first thought was the one I settled on. Smile

I haven't entered a name for him yet jack but may have a go. Smile

Thinking cap is on now and will try to come up with a half decent idea for the next one. Smile
JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
14 Dec 2017 10:00AM
Venisong?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.