Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Weekly B&W Challenge ending 8pm Wed 15th Aug 2018 - Looking down

saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
8 Aug 2018 9:27PM
Right you lucky lot.
I want to see images taken outside and from above. It can be traffic/pedestrians taken from a roof-top, or it can equally be pond-life as you lean over the edge of your village pond, or someone below you eating an ice cream as you lean over the railings on a seafront promenade.
Get the idea? Nothing indoors - get some fresh healthy polluted air into your lungs.

The Rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun
9. If, in the course of finding your entry, you inadvertently find yourself in a pub, then have a drink and charge it to Eddie AC as he gave me the inspiration for this theme.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

8 Aug 2018 11:19PM

Quote: you inadvertently find yourself in a pub...

Ohh...never done inadvertently...but donít tell swmbo...Wink
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
9 Aug 2018 5:17AM
Well, I'm pleased that I could provide inspiration for a theme to someone else as I would probably have been a bit lost this week. I actually thought of "Pubs" a few weeks ago but am pleased Simon posted it as I got to take part. Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
13 Aug 2018 9:07AM
Right then. Now that the macro challenge has been safely nailed down, it's time to get concentrating on this week's b&w adventure.
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2018 9:38AM
I will be taking my imsge probably after work on Tuesday. I knew straightaway what it would be when I saw the theme.

I will have fun though as heights do make my legs go a bit funny but I still like looking out over a high vantage point for that very reason. Smile
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2018 9:11PM
I thought I would just update that the housing problem we had been experiencing that I referred to in This thread has now been sorted.

After our letting agent (who I should not name in a public forum) served a section 21 notice when they shouldn't have we stayed put and they were forced to drop their legal proceedings and let us stay until the end of our tenancy. They also lied twice about how much rent we were behind to try and trick us into paying less so it would look better for them if it did get into a courtroom but I foiled it the first time, expected it the second and arranged full payment while telling the weasel at the agency that I paid his amount. He must have been gutted when he looked at our account the following day.

Then a call out of the blue from the towns housing association offering us a place. Finally something going right and we move in in a week and a half so all is now well. Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
15 Aug 2018 8:59AM
Final day for entries. Plenty of room inside for many more, so get yours in (if you'll pardon the expression...)

@Eddie. Good to hear things are getting sorted!
SlowSong Plus
10 7.8k 30 England
15 Aug 2018 6:33PM
Good news Eddie. Fingers crossed. Must be all very worrying for you.
X
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
15 Aug 2018 6:43PM

Quote:Good news Eddie. Fingers crossed. Must be all very worrying for you.
X

I'm more relaxed now. Smile

We have the keys and now comes the task of emptying our current house. Smile
EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
15 Aug 2018 6:52PM

Quote: @Eddie. Good to hear things are getting sorted

Thanks Malc!! Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
15 Aug 2018 8:07PM
OK...time is well and truly up.
Haven't even began looking at the entries, and don't even know how many there are, so back in a wee while.
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
15 Aug 2018 8:25PM
Well done you collective load of photographic miserable gits.Tongue
Thanks a bunch for making this so difficult. I can honestly say this is one of the best collection of images I have had the dubious honour to have to judge in the b&w challenge. No immediate drop-outs. From an initial entry of 7 images I'm down to a shortlist of 7.

So, as ever, the comments in order of uploading:

Chris: Apart from making me hungry, I can't help but admire the couple concentrated on their crossword, totally unaware of the scene unfolding in front of them.

Eddie: Please don't jump - your photography isn't that bad, mateTongue An image that actually makes one think about the plight of others...

Simon: Never leave a penny lying, you never know when you might need it, although I suspect the public toilets cost a tad more these days...

Phil: Do you have to jump from the bridge if you want to get on?

Jack: Looks cold and and not very inviting! Don't think I'll dip any toes in there, thank you.

Karen: All those swans parked for the night. Don't remember those featured in the Olympics?

IL (all hail!): Opened the image straight to large and took a step back even though I am sitting down. Talk about vertigo! I've come over all queer...

And so to the decision...this is going to be a right head scratcher...back after the glass is full of more red...

EddieAC Plus
13 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
15 Aug 2018 8:36PM
Trust me, there was no way I was jumping even if I'd wanted to. My legs were almost buckling and I would have never made it over the barrier!!! Grin
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
15 Aug 2018 8:45PM
Water or liquid seems to be a common thread, if not immediately obvious in every image.
So let's take the not so obvious - no point in taking the obvious now, is there, that must be blatantly obvious.
IL must have glowed a bit after 200 stairs (remember, horses sweat, men perspire, women glow).
Simon's penny - well in olden days (so I'm told) you needed one to spend a penny (have a wee-wee).
Eddie's carpark had 3 convertibles, which are definitely not the thing to drive on a rainy day (scraping the barrel here, as I'm sure you realise...)
And Chris's image lacks liquid on the tables despite being a cafe...how can you eat that stack with nothing to wash it down with?

ALl of which leads me sliding on my 'arris to the subject of the about to be delighted winner.
Please, all rise and raise a cheer for the winner of this week's grand prize, the honour of having to remember that next Wednesday they have to do their bit...I give you Illustrious Leader, aka Alison and her lofty effort from above.
JawDborn Plus
6 1.2k 1 England
15 Aug 2018 9:00PM
Very well done, Alison, terrific photo. Thank you for hosting the challenge, Malc.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.