Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Weekly B&W Challenge ending 8pm Wed Nov. 28th - ALBUM COVERS

Well peeps... Currently less than 24 hours left to finish your masterpieces and get them uploaded. 😀

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

EddieAC Plus
14 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2018 10:17PM
Okay, In with an entry now as I got a little behind with this theme!! TongueGrin
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
28 Nov 2018 3:56PM
I decided to drop the idea I was going to run with this week as it involved my take on a Pink Floyd album, and my image was to show someone cutting their wrists having survived the physical conflicts of war.
I decided that it might be distressing for some to whom the subject would be too close to home.

Quote:I decided to drop the idea I was going to run with this week as it involved my take on a Pink Floyd album, and my image was to show someone cutting their wrists having survived the physical conflicts of war.
I decided that it might be distressing for some to whom the subject would be too close to home.

Gosh! When I set the challenge I never saw that one coming.

Glad to see you had an alternative though. 😊
Ok peeps. Time's up.

I had an unexpected (bonus) day working from home today which proved to be very productive. 5 reports written, which is a PB. 🏅 So I am currently rewarding myself with a glass of wine.

Why do I tell you this? Because wine goes straight to my head. So hold on to your hats folks... anything could happen. 😉 Though, to be fair, it's a work night so I must be sensible (note to self).

Back soon with a result...
OK. Here goes...

Eddie - Brawn in the B&WC, Spruce Springclean. Very amusing - I have to admit to laughing when I saw this one (out loud too!) As the hiring man said "son, if it was up to me..." Oh, hang on a minute - it is up to me. Hmm.. Damn it!

Kev - When I set this challenge this album was one a handful I expected to come up - glad you didn't disappoint. A very creative way to get around the timing problem I (inadvertently and unknowingly) created when I set the challenge during the full-moon phase of the lunar cycle. Blush Great job!

Phil - I have to admit to getting really excited when I first saw this entry. Before seeing the title, I thought it was The Joshua Tree from U2 - which is one of my all-time favourite albums. But as it is a Genesis album (good ol' Phil) I think I can forgive you. I have to admit to not knowing any of the tracks but then in my defense, back in 1976 I was still very much playing with dolls. Maybe I should check it out sometime...?

Malc - 1992 - now that's more my era and a very creative interpretation. Tears in Heaven has to be one of my favourite tracks. But then again, Layla.... Another album I have to confess to having never listened to so another one for me to check out (loving this!)

Isobel - when I think Guns n' Roses I think "not my cuppa tea". But actually, sweet child o' mine, now I look I see they've done a few tracks I like - Paradise City and November Rain among them. Maybe worth checking out their greatest hits sometime. (Great photographic interpretation, btw)

Alison - Who could fail to love an interpretation of a classic Queen album cover, especially when Ledley looks so gorgeous (x4)?! Don't you think Ledley looks (from the top going clockwise)... Intently curious, distracted, aloof and downright cynical? Whatever were you doing?! Queen II is a little before my time but as it is the late, great Freddie I many just have to check it out now that you've reminded me that I've always promised myself I would do that...

Dave - Ah! Hotel California - such a lovely place (Sorry - couldn't resist Blush ). A classic Eagles track. Not sure the warm desert highway came through in the image but still, a great interpretation. And I'm sure the owners/management of the Norton Hotel will be thrilled to hear they have been linked with such great musical heritage. I agree - the "palm trees" do look like they're struggling - a bit more desert sun needed in the North East!

So... Can I declare everyone in second place? No? Damn!

In that case, I'm sorry Alison, but as a cat lover (and cat mummy) myself, I just can't resist the cuteness of Ledley. And I do love the way you've balanced the blacks so he stands out so clearly from the background - not sure I could have managed that! So, baton duly handed over.

Thank you to everyone for your entries - I'm going to be busy this week checking out some new music. Hope you had as much fun as I did. Until next time....
DaveRyder Plus
4 2.8k 1 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2018 8:46PM
Loved this challenge, thanks Linda and a worthy winner. Nice on Alison.

Sorry ladies and gents not likely to be participating in either challenge as off on holiday soon.

See you all later in December

Quote: Sorry ladies and gents not likely to be participating in either challenge as off on holiday soon.

Hope you have a lovely holiday! Not going to California by any chance? Wink
EddieAC Plus
14 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2018 8:55PM
Well done IL!! The true Boss. Smile

Many thanks for this week Linda!! Smile
EddieAC Plus
14 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2018 8:56PM
Have a good time Dave!! Smile
28 Nov 2018 8:59PM
Great challenge and summing up Linda, thank you..! and congrats to IL...I do love your pics of Ledley..reminds me of a replica cat who adopted us years ago...absolute nutter, street wise but an absolute softie...Wink
saltireblue Plus
8 8.7k 34 Norway
28 Nov 2018 9:01PM
I said to IL several days ago in a PM that if she didn't win then I would post a naked image of myself in the next challenge, no matter what the theme.
Actually, what I said was that if she didn't win then there's no justice in the world...just thought the naked image bit sounded scarier...
Well done IL and Ledley (double All Hail!) t'was never in doubt, and that doesn't mean that all the other entries weren't great interpretations...bloomin well done one and all.
Many thanks, Linda - great theme.
Dave...we all want a stick of rock from where ever you are off to...

Quote:I said to IL several days ago in a PM that if she didn't win then I would post a naked image of myself in the next challenge, no mater what the theme.
Actually, what I said was that if she didn't win then there's no justice in the world...just thought the naked image bit sounded scarier...

Phew! For a minute I thought this challenge was going the same way as the macro challenge!!!! Blush
EddieAC Plus
14 2.2k 2 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2018 9:09PM
But we'd all smell much nicer in this challenge!! Wink
28 Nov 2018 9:10PM

Quote:For a minute I thought this challenge was going the same way as the macro challenge!!

Well itís generally our collective mission to lower the tone wherever possible...Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.