Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Weekly Black And White Challenge - Discussion

10 Jun 2020 8:41AM
Please use this topic to discuss the Weekly Black And White Challenges.

Weekly Black And White Challenge - Photos Archive

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
13 Jun 2020 2:40PM
Just a reminder to those judging each week...clicking on an image will either open large in a new tab, or take you to the pf image where you can click again to see the large view...a recent change to make judging images easier...applies to all images uploaded in the forums.
SlowSong Plus
11 9.0k 30 England
15 Jun 2020 1:55PM
Good job I've got one of those fold out screens. How naughty, making us get down so low. Wink
saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
15 Jun 2020 7:06PM
My effort is in. Thankfully, unlike Chris,I didn't have to get down at all.
EddieAC 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2020 9:54PM
Well I had a go today and shot two subjects. Not sure I'm happy with either image.

I also dug out that pinhole body cap that I referred to in the window light scene challenge and found out why I'd not used it. It has more blur than Damon Albarn, I guess that the hole is just slightly too big. I might try getting one from Amazon for a bit of fun.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
16 Jun 2020 7:42AM
Following a very valid point made by Eddie in another thread, the judging result (and subsequent thanks and congratulations) should be made in the image thread so that it is easy to see which image won in the future.
(Applies to "that other challenge" as well.)
16 Jun 2020 9:52AM

Quote:Following a very valid point made by Eddie in another thread, the judging result (and subsequent thanks and congratulations) should be made in the image thread so that it is easy to see which image won in the future.

Ok - noted for this week.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
16 Jun 2020 10:21AM

Quote:Well I had a go today and shot two subjects. Not sure I'm happy with either image.

I also dug out that pinhole body cap that I referred to in the window light scene challenge and found out why I'd not used it. It has more blur than Damon Albarn, I guess that the hole is just slightly too big. I might try getting one from Amazon for a bit of fun.

Possibly a dumb question coming from one who knows two-fifths of sweet fa about pinholes, but if the hole is too big, can't you tape over the hole with black tape and make a smaller hole in it?
SlowSong Plus
11 9.0k 30 England
16 Jun 2020 10:40AM

Quote:Following a very valid point made by Eddie in another thread, the judging result (and subsequent thanks and congratulations) should be made in the image thread so that it is easy to see which image won in the future.

Ah, so I did the correct thing after all. Apology accepted. Wink
saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
16 Jun 2020 1:19PM

Quote:

Ah, so I did the correct thing after all. Apology accepted. Wink

Eddie has no need to apologise for not thinking of this before...Tongue
EddieAC 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2020 4:11PM

Quote:
Quote:Well I had a go today and shot two subjects. Not sure I'm happy with either image.

Possibly a dumb question coming from one who knows two-fifths of sweet fa about pinholes, but if the hole is too big, can't you tape over the hole with black tape and make a smaller hole in it?

Yep, I can do. I may try that before parting with 20+.

I should try and come up with a system where I can easily replace the section where I make the pin hole. Smile
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2020 3:58PM
Got this weeks entry while out in the fields between our house and the local Industrial Est.
Took a few nice wildlife shots and then looking in the other direction found the camper apparently set up on the Ind. Est.
- I bet the site fees are low.

saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
22 Jun 2020 1:58PM
Just a wee reminder that you have until 8pm UK time Wednesday to get your entry in for this week's challenge, so have a walk around your neighbourhood and don't forget to take your camera with you.Wink
cattyal Plus
15 9.1k 6 England
24 Jun 2020 3:54PM
I'm hoping that a snap taken on my long walk will be acceptable - it's not in my immediate neighbourhood but a 20 minute walk up the road. It's where I've been wandering since lockdown.

I meant to keep my eyes open as I left the house on Monday but confess I completely forgot and I have no plans to leave the house today!
saltireblue Plus
10 10.7k 62 Norway
24 Jun 2020 4:01PM

Quote:I'm hoping that a snap taken on my long walk will be acceptable - it's not in my immediate neighbourhood but a 20 minute walk up the road. It's where I've been wandering since lockdown.

I meant to keep my eyes open as I left the house on Monday but confess I completely forgot and I have no plans to leave the house today!

A neighbourhood has no predefined size, and can be bigger if you wield more powerWink
Who is more powerful then IL?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.