64GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC Card Only 12.99!

Weekly Black And White Challenge - Discussion

Attention!

This topic is locked.

23 Jul 2020 12:32PM

Quote:Does anyone actually shoot on B&W film for this challenge then scan the negative ?

I have used film on one occasion - the topic fell just as I was finishing a film that I was home processing but, as Linda says, the short timescale makes using film tricky (let alone the extra cost!)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
10 10.8k 63 Norway
24 Jul 2020 4:28PM
Can the person setting the challenge each week please make Rule 2 in bold text as I am having to remove images entered by peeps who haven't bothered to read the rules - making it bold just might bring it to their attention a bit more...perhaps.Wink
(When you copy and paste, any bold text has to be re-bolded, it doesn't copy over)
24 Jul 2020 4:48PM
Ah, yes. I hadn't spotted that one Malc. Just tried to edit it for the current one but I don't seem to be able to.

Duly noted for next time though (assuming I'm fortunate to win another challenge!) 😊
saltireblue Plus
10 10.8k 63 Norway
24 Jul 2020 4:52PM

Quote:Just tried to edit it for the current one but I don't seem to be able to.

There's only a very short window (5 minutes, I think) in which to edit a post after posting, but I've done the business on it for you now.Smile
24 Jul 2020 7:50PM

Quote:
There's only a very short window (5 minutes, I think) in which to edit a post after posting, but I've done the business on it for you now.Smile

Thanks Malc. What would we all do without you? 😊
saltireblue Plus
10 10.8k 63 Norway
24 Jul 2020 8:35PM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Malc. What would we all do without you? 😊

Answers on a postcard, please...Wink
28 Jul 2020 8:32PM
Well we're into the final 24 hours. So here's your customary gentle nudge...

Only a little while left to fill your boots and show me the emptiness that's left behind, if you haven't already. 😊
30 Jul 2020 12:06PM
OK. Someone's going to do it so it might as well be me.....

Quote:
... Could be any handle or meaning of handle e.g. ... fork...

Is this the kind of thing you had in mind? ....

319198_1596107129.jpg
EXIF
saltireblue Plus
10 10.8k 63 Norway
30 Jul 2020 12:26PM
Linda...I was already contemplating photographing four candles...Wink
saltireblue Plus
10 10.8k 63 Norway
1 Aug 2020 3:37PM
A record-early entry from me this week, I just felt in the right mood to handle the challenge, so got it sorted.
saltireblue Plus
10 10.8k 63 Norway
3 Aug 2020 7:49AM
The general consensus of opinion is that the preferred format for this challenge is to have all images, chat banter and other comments contained in one weekly thread, and that the easiest method to judge images seems to be to open each one on a new tab to view and compare.
Therefore, this thread now seems to be redundant and is locked down.