Get 5% off Loupedeck CT with code: Ephotozine5

Weekly Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed. 30th Sept. - Leisure Activities

saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
24 Sep 2020 7:46AM
Your challenge this week, should you decide to accept it, is to provide evidence of Leisure Activities.
In order to see a selection of some things which could be included, please see this table..

Leisure activities are defined in Wiki as, "a quality of experience or as free time. Free time is time spent away from business, work, job hunting, domestic chores, and education, as well as necessary activities such as eating and sleeping. Situationist International proposes that leisure does not evolve from free time, and free-time is an illusory concept that is rarely fully "free"; economic and social forces appropriate free time from the individual and sell it back to them as the commodity known as "leisure". Certainly most people's leisure activities are not a completely free choice and may be constrained by social pressures, e.g. people may be coerced into spending time gardening by the need to keep up with the standard of neighbouring gardens or go to a party because of social pressures. "

Plenty of scope, in other words.
No rush - at your leisure, but before the deadline.

The Rules...

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member (or Malc gets busy deleting earlier entries).
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. If you can't find any method of transport then On yer bike!! (That will qualify for the theme) Smile

For new participants - please be aware that should you win, you will need to set a new challenge and judge it after 'closing time' the following Wednesday.
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.6k 7 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2020 11:18AM
Larry's Lanes and a little of the Talk of the Town amusement arcade.
On a morning when it's blowing a hoolie one brave lady leaving the bowling alley....

253884_1601029114.jpg
EXIF
saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
28 Sep 2020 5:55PM
Two days to go in which to be less leisure and more activity...this challenge needs you!
clicknimagine Plus
10 713 101 India
28 Sep 2020 6:42PM
I am taking time to work with a complete different genre this time, i hope i can do it tomorrow...
clicknimagine Plus
10 713 101 India
29 Sep 2020 11:36AM
SlowSong Plus
12 9.3k 30 England
29 Sep 2020 3:04PM
Due to a sadly empty calendar, I spend quite a bit of time reading up on camera and lens specs on the computer. I do enjoy it though. I'm nearly ready to purchase yet another thing, but I don't need it so I might just try a second hand model from MPB. (Or not). The jury's out.

84915_1601388221.jpg
EXIF

philstan 3 472 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2020 5:04PM
The youff of today at leisure

299484_1601395372.jpg
EXIF

... in case you're wondering - he did land safely!
cattyal Plus
15 9.2k 6 England
30 Sep 2020 5:50PM
I don't work Wednesdays and as the forecast was grim I decided to spend my leisure time making a start on a new camera bag.

31743_1601484629.jpg
EXIF
EddieAC Plus
15 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2020 7:53PM
28689_1601491738.jpg
EXIF

Bouncing on the birthing ball

Well I let a few days go by and with no ideas coming and otjer things like the car going in for a service and repair I thought I wasn't going to get an entry this week.

Then after taking my 8 year old son Louis to Tesco in the courtesy car we came home and he started bouncing on my wife's birth ball. With around 15 minutes or so to go it seemed as good an opportunity as I will get as he makes more use of it tjan my wife does. Smile
saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
30 Sep 2020 8:01PM
Time's up then. Stop whatever leisure activity you're doing and prepare yourselves for the results soon.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
30 Sep 2020 8:22PM
I hope you've all had a leisurely week, but have at the same time maintained a degree of activity. I have a daily activity regime. Swing both legs out of bed, stand up and touch my toes as I put my socks on, raise arms above head to put on t-shirt, lift kettlebells..no wait, that's only kettle...and so on.

So to this week's challenge entries. Am feeling a bit blah this evening, so no serious waffling will be done.

First up we have oor Dave, with an image which brings back very happy memories from the time when I was a member of a 4-man bowling team who were ranked in the top 3 in the south of England. We played in leagues 4 evenings a week and at the weekends played in tournaments for cash prizes. My game average then was 209 and I hit a perfect 300 game 5 times in training and once in competition.

Next up on stage we have the delightful creature offered to us by Somnath. Having a pet can be a full time activity - at least until they are trained and (hopefully) obedient!

Following closely on the heels of Somnath we have Chris and what looks like a place for hard work - well, it is hard work when a new camera or lens is being considered...just how leisurely it is, I'm not sure.Wink The leisurely bit comes when you're out using the new acquisition...

Behind Chris we have Phil and his more active than leisurely lads in the ramp park. Can't afford to be leisurely when doing this as you'll soon end up injured, or worse, look a laughing stock in front of yer mates!

IL (all hail!) like Chris, has sensibly chosen an activity done sitting down...far more civilised than flying through the air hanging on to handlebars...I hope the bag is big enough for all you need to carry, Al, lipsticks, mascara, etc in addition to camera stuff.

Bringing up the rear this week - in TdF terms, the lanterne rouge - is steady Eddie. Trying to convince us that that ball is not his - I bet his son only got a look in ''cause Eddie asked him to pose for an image.Tongue

The decision...as usual, mucho difficult to choose and only one of you will be sleeping with a smile on your face tonight after being crowned King or Queen for a week.

Back in a mo when I have recharged my glass...
saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
30 Sep 2020 8:30PM
OK then...back again after duly charging glass, now let's see, where were we? As yes. The epilogue (as opposed to Frankie Howerd's prologue as Lurcio).
I have decided to pass the baton on to that stalwart, that pillar of the community and all-round good egg (his words, not mine), yes let's give it up for Phil!!!

Very well done everyone, and apologies if you didn't win this time - better luck next week.
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.6k 7 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2020 8:32PM
Well done Phil and thanks for keeping i=us occupied this last week Malc.
philstan 3 472 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2020 8:49PM
Thank you Malc. Not sure about the egg, whether it's on my face, scrambled or boiled.

Back in due course with a new topic.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.3k 30 England
30 Sep 2020 9:06PM
Good bit of action, Phil. I like watching it, not particularly doing it. Smile
Tks for hosting Malc.
XXX

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.