Weekly Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wednesday 16th September 2020 - SUPPORTIVE

10 Sep 2020 6:00PM
OK. Time for another challenge to keep you all busy for a few days.

Having been busy at work all day today, I'm afraid I haven't had much time to think of anything. But I have nevertheless come up with something that I think will work. I am currently completing some CPD - thankfully an interesting one to be fair, not the dull, sleep-inducing stuff you often get. And one of the words that stood out to me while I was doing it was SUPPORTIVE. So that's your theme, folks.

Supportive can be taken in at least two different ways - in the physical or emotional sense. So however you interpret the theme, your task this week is to take images of something or someone supporting something or someone else. I'm giving extra/brownie points to images that are more interpretive/creative in some way rather than a straight forward record - so get that imaginative part of your brain active for this one, if you can.

As always, here is a reminder of the rules to which you unruly lot ( Tongue ) must adhere:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member (or Malc gets busy deleting earlier entries).
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Be kind and supportive to everyone you meet this week - you never know when you might need them to repay the favour.

For new participants - please be aware that should you win, you will need to set a new challenge and judge it after 'closing time' the following Wednesday.

clicknimagine Plus
10 689 101 India
10 Sep 2020 6:10PM
Interesting theme, but i have to think it a lot to make a valid result...
10 Sep 2020 6:21PM
I have every confidence in you Somnath. I'm sure you and everyone else will come up with something fantastic to force me into a difficult decision next week... you always do.

Have fun with it. 🙂
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.6k 7 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2020 7:14PM
Took a nice picture of a bridge about 5hrs before posting the challenge....SadBlush
10 Sep 2020 7:42PM

Quote:Took a nice picture of a bridge about 5hrs before posting the challenge....SadBlush

Sorry!!!! Blush
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.6k 7 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2020 9:09PM

Quote:
Quote:Took a nice picture of a bridge about 5hrs before posting the challenge....SadBlush

Sorry!!!! Blush

Well we did had lunch out shortly after taking the picture sooooo.... well I could repeat the whole thing again.
EddieAC Plus
15 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2020 9:19PM
Just wait until the neighbour hangs her Bra on the washing line. Wink
10 Sep 2020 9:24PM
Is it just me or is anyone else getting worried about Eddie?
SlowSong Plus
12 9.2k 30 England
10 Sep 2020 9:33PM

Quote:Is it just me or is anyone else getting worried about Eddie?

Don't worry about it, Linda. Par for the course. 🤡
EddieAC Plus
15 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2020 5:19AM
Come to think about it, I'm getting worried. Wink
saltireblue Plus
10 11.0k 66 Norway
14 Sep 2020 3:43PM
Cross my heart and hope to die, I swear I hadn't seen Eddie's post until now, (forgot to set notifications Blush)
128530_1600094565.jpg
EXIF
14 Sep 2020 7:00PM

Quote:Cross my heart and hope to die, I swear I hadn't seen Eddie's post until now, (forgot to set notifications Blush)

I'll believe you. Thousands wouldn't, but I will give you the benefit of doubt. 😉😄
saltireblue Plus
10 11.0k 66 Norway
14 Sep 2020 7:09PM

Quote:
Quote:Cross my heart and hope to die, I swear I hadn't seen Eddie's post until now, (forgot to set notifications Blush)

I'll believe you. Thousands wouldn't, but I will give you the benefit of doubt. 😉😄

Hehe...it is true - I didn't need inspiration from Eddie to think of brassieres...Wink
14 Sep 2020 7:10PM
Well folks, now that the macro challenge has been wrapped up for another week, here's a gentle, supportive 😉 nudge for the Black and White one.

A bit over 48 hours left and counting so hang on in there and come up with something to keep me in suspense. 🙃
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.6k 7 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2020 7:11PM
Hope you didn't get caught in the neighbours gardens Malc...... TongueWinkGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.