Get 5% off Loupedeck CT with code: Ephotozine5

Weekly Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wednesday 23rd September 2020 - Any Form Of Transport

EddieAC Plus
15 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2020 1:39PM
Okay it's definitely getting harder to come up with themes and is probably why we seem to have a running joke in the group that nobody wants to win. Smile

A little later than I would have liked but the new theme is "Any Form Of transport". An easy one this week and open to interpretation for instance, Phil's photo from the last challenge would work transporting power or food on a spoon/fork would also work as it's being transported. Of course public transport works just fine. Smile

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member (or Malc gets busy deleting earlier entries).
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. If you can't find any method of transport then On yer bike!! (That will qualify for the theme) Smile

For new participants - please be aware that should you win, you will need to set a new challenge and judge it after 'closing time' the following Wednesday.
clicknimagine Plus
10 713 101 India
17 Sep 2020 6:00PM
An abstract form of a bike may be the avtar of a member, i am warming up to do it...
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.7k 7 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2020 7:37PM
We're going along the Marina for lunch Tuesday - hope it provides something or else it's a passing bus..
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.7k 7 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2020 4:04PM
Change of plan.
I came across this chap taking his golf bats for a walk.

253884_1600700660.jpg
EXIF
saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
21 Sep 2020 4:17PM
Golf bats??? Do you know nothing at all about sports? They are racquets, you idjit🤣🤣
philstan 3 477 United Kingdom
22 Sep 2020 12:09PM

Quote:Golf bats??? Do you know nothing at all about sports? They are racquets, you idjit🤣🤣

Are you talking a load of balls? Wink
philstan 3 477 United Kingdom
22 Sep 2020 12:21PM
A narrowboat halfway through the Bingley 3 rise locks, West Yorkshire. The locks raise the Leeds - Liverpool canal about 9m.

299484_1600773185.jpg
EXIF
clicknimagine Plus
10 713 101 India
22 Sep 2020 5:19PM
My early apology to Eddie, that i can't submit an image due to some unavoidable circumstances...
cattyal Plus
15 9.2k 6 England
23 Sep 2020 4:28PM
The point at which the Severn Bore fizzled out and they had to transport themselves up the river seated rather than standing!

31743_1600874820.jpg
EXIF
saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
23 Sep 2020 4:45PM
Slightly less than 9 million bicycles, but there again, this wasn't taken in Beijing...
128530_1600876787.jpg
EXIF
EddieAC Plus
15 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2020 4:58PM
A little over 3 hours to go so a mini bump hopefully just to get a few more people moving. Smile
EddieAC Plus
15 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2020 4:59PM

Quote:My early apology to Eddie, that i can't submit an image due to some unavoidable circumstances...

No need to apologise Somnath. Life gets in the way sometimes. Smile
saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
23 Sep 2020 5:01PM

Quote:Life gets in the way sometimes. Smile

A bit like "Work is the curse of the drinking class"
EddieAC Plus
15 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2020 8:09PM
Okay, Time is now up.

Back soon with a decision. Smile
EddieAC Plus
15 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2020 9:09PM
Back again and while there are only four entries this week they are all a nice variation on the theme.

So now in order of appearance a few notes on the entries:

Dave – Your image is definitely on a par with all the other entries. As for your subjects golfing skills it looks like he's just coming out of the rough so he certainly has a fairway to go.

Phil – A narrowboat and brings back a few memories of when my dad bought a small boat and we used it a few times to go along the River Medway. Then we moved house and didn't get the chance to use it again.

IL (All hail) – He looks like his afternoon surfing isn't as much fun as he expected and he's been caught at the worst point. I wonder if he realises that we are having a better time surfing than he did.

Malc – Pedal Power and cyclists are much braver than me. My car failed years ago and I used a bike to get to and from work which was a seven mile journey. I was terrified each time and one particular road which goes underneath Gatwick Airport had me frantically pedalling to get past a sliproad where cars would cut across in front of me to go up and then suddenly the next one would go behind me. I certainly got quite a bit healthier from the experience though.

Okay decision time and four images all in the running. I am going to have to go with “Katie Melua” er “Nine Million Bicycles in Beijing” By Malc and I do like the wheels all in a row and the DOF effect. Also the rain causing streaks down the image adds interest.

So well done to Malc and many thanks everyone for another fun week. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.