PortraitPro 21 - 50% OFF + an EXTRA 20% OFF! Use Code: EPZJS

Weekly Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wednesday 2nd December 2020 - Something New

EddieAC Plus
16 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
26 Nov 2020 1:53PM

It's been a crazy day at work and I usually have a challenge up and running by now but having to take the car in for it's M.O.T. during my break this morning I have only just got on top of things.

So the theme I have gone for this week is "Something New". I had absolutely no idea what to do and after mulling things over I thought, well there is going to be a new month, a new vaccine soon, a new American president (thankfully), I have a new family member...…..

….it all points to "New", although the theme is not new and will likely be repeated somewhere come January. Wink

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member (or Malc gets busy deleting earlier entries).
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. If you're gonna go, go with a smile. (Jack Nicholson, Batman)

For new participants - please be aware that should you win, you will need to set a new challenge and judge it after 'closing time' the following Wednesday.
philstan 4 530 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2020 4:00PM
From the base of a dead tree, new things emerge.

299484_1606838256.jpg
EXIF
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.9k 7 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2020 6:14PM
And none of them mine.....

253884_1606846493.jpg
EXIF
petebfrance 9 2.9k France
2 Dec 2020 1:50PM
Goodies for Christmas
184684_1606916964.jpg
EXIF

saltireblue Plus
10 11.4k 69 Norway
2 Dec 2020 4:34PM
128530_1606926811.jpg
EXIF

Fresh (as in new) snow and even fresher tyre tracks on my drive.
EddieAC Plus
16 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2020 5:23PM
A little over two and a half hours to get a new entry in. Smile
EddieAC Plus
16 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2020 8:29PM
Well, time is up just about half hour ago. I just have to sort out a hungry baby and then will get back to you with a decision. Smile
EddieAC Plus
16 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2020 9:20PM
Okay back again and a decision will have to be made quickly. I got the little one to bed and the older one kicked off. Such is parenting. Smile

Anyway a few words in order of upload.

Phil - The wonders of nature, how funghi can grow from seemingly nothing and they always look good in photos.
Dave - New Christmas pressies, you could also have tried to photograph the new dent in your bank balance.
Pete - Turkish Delight, Yummy!! Also like the look of Mince Pie Fudge. I quite like a bit of Stollen at this time of year but the fudge does seem quite appetizing.
Malc - Ahh, new snowfall. I do think the English should come to Norway to see how snow is dealt with over there. It seems to cause chaos over here with traffic, public transport and airports.

Okay decision time and I do like the curvy lead in line of the Tyre tracks so I hereby have to declare Malc the unwitting victim this week but do appreciate all efforts and entries.

So well done to Malc and see you all in the next one. Smile
saltireblue Plus
10 11.4k 69 Norway
2 Dec 2020 9:24PM
I suppose thanks are in order, Eddie?Wink Much obliged and thanks for the vote of confidence. Good entries all round, too.
I shall cogitate and come up with a new challenge a soon as possible.
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.9k 7 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2020 9:30PM
Well done Mr Salty - now time to clear the drive.....
Cheers Eddie, the best B&W Challenge host of the week....Smile
petebfrance 9 2.9k France
2 Dec 2020 9:33PM
Congrats Malc and thanks Eddie for the challengeSmile
philstan 4 530 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2020 9:51PM
Good one Malc, and thanks to Eddie for the challenge.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.