Get 5% off Loupedeck CT with code: Ephotozine5

Weekly Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wednesday 2nd September 2020 - In the mirror

DaveRyder Plus
6 4.6k 7 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2020 9:40PM

Quote:
No stopping at the offie on the way!!

Looks likely.... mind you 8yrs is a bit young to be starting, even in the North East.
EddieAC Plus
15 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2020 10:41PM
Back again and I had to spend some time reflecting upon the images this week.......

I was also distracted as our eight year old son wanted to go out for his dinner to McDonalds when it was “Darak”. Yes he calls the darkness when the sky is completely black “Darak”. Only he knows why he adds a letter and makes “Dark” a bit longer and more complicated but children do come up with funny things. He also refers to “Sick” as “Sonk” so as my wife is due to give birth in about seven weeks she has had morning sickness throughout and being “Sonk” a lot. However, I digress.

Okay now as has become usual for me a little comment on each of the images before declaring the victim for the coming week.

1. Somnath – A nice idea and good viewpoint through the arms while the gentleman is having his hair done.
2. Multitasking Malc – Four in one. Definitely the new selfie king and also a good reflection in the side of the door as well.
3. Dave – You had a good idea and then it must have been a scrabble to get the camera out and get the shot. This shows up good detail in the blocks.
4. Phil – An interesting take and good use of two mirrors. I like how the reflection of the back of the smaller mirror blows out with the light source.
5. Alison (IL...All Hail!!) - Definitely fits the brief and good use of a large mirror. It looks like the couple are about to unknowingly walk through the glass window of the shop.
6. Linda – A nice simple setup and just reminding me that I need a good cuppa. I quite like the arrangement of the cup and teapot.

Okay, decision time and this is not an easy one. I have to make it quickly too as I have been a bit delayed tonight which I try not to do to often but it happens sometimes such is life.

The honours this week go to..................(drum roll in there somewhere).........Somnath. I do quite like the framing of the arms and the whole Barber shop theme.

So well done to Somnath and many thanks everyone for this week. See you all in the next one.
EddieAC Plus
15 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2020 10:46PM

Quote:Oh gosh. Complete,y forgot. Mum's been in hospital all week and I've had to do other things. Soz. Back next week.

Hope things are all okay with your Mum Chris. Mine is just getting out of hospital tomorrow due to ill health caused by a stroke several years ago. She is tough as nails though and will probably keep chugging along for quite some time to come. My thoughts and wishes for your Mum. Smile
EddieAC Plus
15 2.9k 2 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2020 10:48PM

Quote:
Quote:
No stopping at the offie on the way!!

Looks likely.... mind you 8yrs is a bit young to be starting, even in the North East.

No chance of that. He will not even touch the stuff and does not want to try "Adult treat drink". I got him to try alcohol free Prosecco the other day and he spat it out in disgust. Grin
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.6k 7 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2020 2:57AM
Well done Somnath and on reflection a very nice challenge Eddie.

clicknimagine Plus
10 713 101 India
3 Sep 2020 4:56AM
Wow...Thanks Eddie, and Thanks everyone...
saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
3 Sep 2020 7:23AM
Good choice for the honours this week, Eddie, and congratulations to Somnath on a well-deserved win!
3 Sep 2020 7:45AM
Nice shot Somnath. Congratulations.

Good choice Eddie. And thanks for the challenge.

It's funny how little ones add in extra vowels - it seems to be a common thing. When mine was little she had a thing for Dalmatians (blame the movie) which she used to call Dalamatians for some reason. Gotta love em!

And as for morning sonkness, I remember that well. Thankfully, I only had it for the first trimester. Hope she's coping well...not too long left now!!!
philstan 3 472 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2020 8:42AM
Well done Somnath - a great shot. I envy your ability to find people willing to let you take such naturally posed portraits - great powers of persuasion or a large group of friends owing favours....?
Thanks for the challenge Eddie.
clicknimagine Plus
10 713 101 India
3 Sep 2020 9:14AM
Thanks Philip, honestly speaking i always went out for shooting with a guide or my driver, often they ask people for permission in the local language and i finish my 50% shooting without knowing the answer...in this case i had not taken any permission...
saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
3 Sep 2020 10:22AM

Quote:It's funny how little ones add in extra vowels - it seems to be a common thing. When mine was little she had a thing for Dalmatians (blame the movie) which she used to call Dalamatians for some reason. Gotta love em!

I couldn't pronounce poem - it was always poyem, and film was filem...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.