Weekly Black and White Challenge - w/e Wed 28th August 2019 - FEATURELESS

SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
28 Aug 2019 9:48PM
Well, this turned out to be more interesting than I anticipated, so thanks for making things difficult for me.

We start with Dave who tried his best to hold my attention with a few stones on a dry, dusty path. It was definitely minimalist and featureless, but it looks too much like my garden at the moment which is like a desert in this heat.

Phil did a rather nice shot of moorland which was definitely without feature of any kind. Rather surreal.

I’d rather stay away from Simon’s MIL – something quite weird going on there. I don’t think I’d even like to keep the thing in the house.

Malc needed two goes – he forgot in the first try that red is neither black nor white. Tut....

I rather like Pete’s little bud, which seems to be reaching out for something and is looking quite lonely. Welcome back, by the way.

Eddie did a good job of recycling a similar shot used for another challenge. Mmmm, lazy? - but shame to waste some nice flowers.

Last, but not least, Alison showed initiative with some pylons, but maybe she got her idea from an outside source. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt this time.

Anyway, that’s enough waffle. Simon gets the gong tonight as I'm totally baffled by such a creepy Featureless and Minimalist “ornament”. I’d check it for pins if I were you. Nice one. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
5 3.5k 1 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2019 9:58PM
Well done Simon and thanks for hosting Chris.
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
28 Aug 2019 10:04PM
Congratulations Simon and thanks Chris for looking after the rabble.

I'm not sure if there were any pylons on the outside source - I was desperately looking for something on the nature reserve I visited today and then suddenly realised that they'd be a suitable subject Smile
sjr 2 567 England
28 Aug 2019 10:04PM
Thanks Chris. It has a weird charm about it but then again my wife bought me a grim reaper statue so maybe we are a bit weird.
I didn't need to got for bonus points of shoehorning in last weeks subject of chains as well which I missed due to work.
petebfrance 7 2.8k France
28 Aug 2019 10:19PM
Congrats Simon and thanks for the challenge - and welcomeSmile - Chris. Good fun and I enjoyed the entries (plus some of the banter) so will try to join in more often....
28 Aug 2019 10:43PM
Well done Simon and thanks for the challenge Chris; it certainly produced a wide variety of featureless interpretations.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 36 Norway
29 Aug 2019 7:51AM
Well done indeed Simon, and thanks Chris for the challenge.
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
29 Aug 2019 9:59AM
Well done Simon and many thanks to Chris!! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.