Weekly Black and White Challenge - w/e Wednesday 17th July 2019 - PURCHASES

SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
17 Jul 2019 9:04PM
Dave: Nice try, but Mrs Dave forking out for your jollies doesn’t count. Sorry.

Malc: Super duper hifi. Hope it doesn’t fall apart seeing as you’ve got all those bits left over. Are your sure you read the instructions? I know real men don't do that sort of thing.

Phil: Just reminded me that we have to redecorate our lounge. I don’t think beige woodchip is “in” any longer.

Alison: Now come on. That doesn’t look like a Jaffa Cake to me. Little Miss Greedy must have scoffed her second packet.

Eddie: Enjoy your retirement. Although, perhaps you’ve swapped one sort of bag for another.

Simon: Got you on a tight leash, eh? You need that coffee.

Linda: Mmmm, naughty cheesecake. Now banned from our house due to weighty issues..

Anyway, the big reveal …………………………. The winner is …………………………….

Errr, haven't decided. Back in next post.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
17 Jul 2019 9:16PM
Phil - it's you. Smile
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
17 Jul 2019 9:24PM
well done Phil - thanks Chris for keeping the boys under control this week Smile

The second pack of Jaffa Cakes lasted about 5 minutes yesterday afternoon. The cookies lasted slightly longer this afternoon whilst wandering around the nature reserve Smile
SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
17 Jul 2019 9:26PM

Quote:well done Phil - thanks Chris for keeping the boys under control this week Smile

The second pack of Jaffa Cakes lasted about 5 minutes yesterday afternoon. The cookies lasted slightly longer this afternoon whilst wandering around the nature reserve Smile

Yeah, thought so. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.6k 35 Norway
17 Jul 2019 9:34PM
Right, now I can pack it up again, take it back and get my money refunded Grin

Congrats Phil and thanks to Chris for the challenge.
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.3k 1 United Kingdom
17 Jul 2019 9:35PM
Well done Phil and thanks Chris. An enjoyable challenge...
17 Jul 2019 9:41PM
Thanks Chris, I've almost finished the painting and looking forward to getting out with the camera. Will get thinking of a new challenge.
EddieAC 14 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
17 Jul 2019 10:52PM

Quote:Eddie: Enjoy your retirement. Although, perhaps you’ve swapped one sort of bag for another

Ha! I wish! I've completed 30 years and am still 48 so a few more to go. Smile

Any longer than 65 then I may as well swap for a body bag!! Wink

Well done Phil and many thanks for this week Chris!! Smile
18 Jul 2019 6:44AM
Well done Phil. And thanks Chris for the challenge.

It was indeed a very naughty piece of cheesecake... It had a biscuit base and as I'm gluten intolerant I shouldn't really eat it. But it was only a little biddy bit... and my tummy managed not to revolt against me for once. So all's well that ends well. Grin Blush
saltireblue Plus
9 9.6k 35 Norway
18 Jul 2019 8:53AM

Quote:
Quote:Eddie: Enjoy your retirement. Although, perhaps you’ve swapped one sort of bag for another

Picture the scene...late 80's...sales conference...sitting in the bar after dinner, latish evening...us sales reps and one of the group was Kathleen, in her 40's and from head office, responsible for all fleet vehicles...she looks at her watch and says, "I think it's time I retired"...my mate Ron misunderstands and says, "Oh, I didn't realise you were that old, Kath...complete silence ensued...Kathleen counted to 10 then explained the difference between retiring as in going to be and the version Ron thought.
Ron was due a new company car 2 weeks later. Kathleen made him wait another 6 months...GrinGrin
SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
18 Jul 2019 9:14AM
Apologies to Eddie if I misunderstood his blurb. Smile
18 Jul 2019 10:02AM

Quote:Apologies to Eddie if I misunderstood his blurb. Smile

Or apologies to Chris if I wasn't clear. Wink
18 Jul 2019 10:12AM

Quote:
Quote:

Picture the scene...late 80's...sales conference...sitting in the bar after dinner, latish evening...us sales reps and one of the group was Kathleen, in her 40's and from head office, responsible for all fleet vehicles...she looks at her watch and says, "I think it's time I retired"...my mate Ron misunderstands and says, "Oh, I didn't realise you were that old, Kath...complete silence ensued...Kathleen counted to 10 then explained the difference between retiring as in going to be and the version Ron thought.
Ron was due a new company car 2 weeks later. Kathleen made him wait another 6 months...GrinGrin

Picture the scene....

I was with my dad at the vets many years ago when I was about eleven. We had our pet dog with us.

A lady came and sat next to me with her cat on her lap and not in a container. I like cats so after a few minutes I reached over saying "Can I stroke your Pussy?" and began rubbing the cats head. Her face was a picture and she glared at my dad not knowing what to say. I still don't know why I said it that way.

I was a bit of a loner back then having been seperated from friends due to a house move. I think both she and my dad were happy to get called and get out of there.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.6k 35 Norway
18 Jul 2019 12:43PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Picture the scene....

I was with my dad at the vets many years ago when I was about eleven. We had our pet dog with us.

A lady came and sat next to me with her cat on her lap and not in a container. I like cats so after a few minutes I reached over saying "Can I stroke your Pussy?" and began rubbing the cats head. Her face was a picture and she glared at my dad not knowing what to say. I still don't know why I said it that way.

I was a bit of a loner back then having been seperated from friends due to a house move. I think both she and my dad were happy to get called and get out of there.

Picture the scene, take 3...
Mum, Dad, older brother and myself (aged 12) eating dinner. Mum tells about an traffic accident she passed on her way home on the bus. Ambulance was there and someone was receiving treatment for a bloody head. Having learned a new word in the school playground that day, I thought I'd use it to impress everyone, as I had been told the word meant 'badly hurt or injured', So, in a pause in Mum's story, I calmly said, "Sounds like someone was castrated in that accident..."
Older brother said I shouldn't use words I didn't know the meaning of, Dad asked what I thought it meant, so I said. Hrmmph, well, not quite, he replied without expanding any further on its meaning...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.