Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Weekly Black and White Challenge Ending 8pm 23rd May 2018 - Music / musical

AlanJ Plus
5 1.0k England
16 May 2018 9:54PM
So... (just thought I'd say that at the beginning of my sentence to annoy everyone) I looked at the topic list and thought we'd have the topic from a couple of weeks ago "Repeating Elements"
Then I changed my mind and so (said it again) the challenge is anything relating to music - music, musical, musical instrument - this should strike a chord with you all.

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun.
9. Don't make a song and dance about it

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
8 8.0k 33 Norway
17 May 2018 8:20AM
That's timely. I am photographing live gigs Friday and Saturday, so should get lots of possible entries.
cattyal Plus
13 8.5k 6 England
17 May 2018 3:03PM
Among my collection of props are a tatty trumpet, a broken balalaika, three vintage violins (ok, not vintage but I can't think of anything beginning with a V to describe knackered) - a dismantled electric guitar, tin whistles, recorders, harmonicas - plus the piano player rolls and phonograph cylinders..................... there is probably more but that's all that comes to mind immediately
AlanJ Plus
5 1.0k England
17 May 2018 3:50PM

Quote:Among my collection of props are a tatty trumpet, a broken balalaika, three vintage violins (ok, not vintage but I can't think of anything beginning with a V to describe knackered) - a dismantled electric guitar, tin whistles, recorders, harmonicas - plus the piano player rolls and phonograph cylinders..................... there is probably more but that's all that comes to mind immediately

Proposed rule 10. All props need to be in their original packaging Tongue
cattyal Plus
13 8.5k 6 England
17 May 2018 4:06PM
Ah - I can do that with the antique accordion and the music rolls and the phonograph cylinders are in their boxes Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.0k 33 Norway
17 May 2018 4:22PM

Quote:
Quote:Among my collection of props are a tatty trumpet, a broken balalaika, three vintage violins (ok, not vintage but I can't think of anything beginning with a V to describe knackered) - a dismantled electric guitar, tin whistles, recorders, harmonicas - plus the piano player rolls and phonograph cylinders..................... there is probably more but that's all that comes to mind immediately

...and in 100% working order for the task they were made for...
AlanJ Plus
5 1.0k England
17 May 2018 4:23PM

Quote:
Quote:

...and in 100% working order for the task they were made for...

What Malc said
cattyal Plus
13 8.5k 6 England
17 May 2018 4:39PM
Alas I don't have a player to try the cylinders on but I bet they'd be fine if I did.............. As for the rest - well, the harmonica (boxed) is fine - the tin whistles and recorder (unboxed) are fine - the rest - iffy.......................

Actually the balalaika is has broken strings, and is covered in dust and swallow poo - it lived neglected in the barn for a few years..........
saltireblue Plus
8 8.0k 33 Norway
17 May 2018 7:43PM
So...Tongue...on a point of clarification...does 'anything relating to music - music, musical, musical instrument' include musicians and lead singers in groups?
cattyal Plus
13 8.5k 6 England
17 May 2018 7:57PM

Quote:So...Tongue...on a point of clarification...does 'anything relating to music - music, musical, musical instrument' include musicians and lead singers in groups?

nope Tongue Tongue Tongue
AlanJ Plus
5 1.0k England
18 May 2018 12:30AM

Quote:
Quote:So...Tongue...on a point of clarification...does 'anything relating to music - music, musical, musical instrument' include musicians and lead singers in groups?

With not a little trepidation I have to uphold the authority of the setter of the challenge and say to Malc - fill yer boots " anything relating to music" would seem to include what you have asked.
I rather think my recent return to the weekly challenges may be short lived . Gulp

saltireblue Plus
8 8.0k 33 Norway
18 May 2018 7:50AM

Quote:
Quote:

With not a little trepidation I have to uphold the authority of the setter of the challenge and say to Malc - fill yer boots " anything relating to music" would seem to include what you have asked.
I rather think my recent return to the weekly challenges may be short lived . Gulp

You're a brave minion, Alan, and I stand firmly behind you (albeit at a very safe distance) in any dispute over authority and who rules the nest...
AlanJ Plus
5 1.0k England
18 May 2018 8:16AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're a brave minion, Alan, and I stand firmly behind you (albeit at a very safe distance) in any dispute over authority and who rules the nest...

Malc, I'm grateful for the ( somewhat mealy mouthed) support.
100 years ago our brave grandfathers were climbing makeshift ladders to clamber out of the relative safety of the trenches to face a hail of hot metal and almost certain death or terrible injury. I've always struggled to imagine what was going through their minds at that moment - until now!
cattyal Plus
13 8.5k 6 England
18 May 2018 8:17AM
You big wusses Smile
saltireblue Plus
8 8.0k 33 Norway
18 May 2018 9:08AM

Quote:You big wusses Smile

Ooer...I do love it when she talks dirty!😍

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.