Get 50% off Adobe CC Photography plan with any X-Rite ColorChecker Photo product!

Weekly Black and White Challenge ending 8pm Wed. 1st April '20 - Furniture

saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
26 Mar 2020 7:49AM
A theme this week which will keep us all safely indoors, at least for the purposes of this challenge. In these difficult times of people being laid-off and made unemployed, I want you to work overtime, put in the extra hours, increase your productivity and produce the goods the members of this group need.

I want you to use your imagination, I do not want to see bog-standard (touching on last week's theme there) record images of your dining table or whatever. I want abstract, weird angles, anything other than straight-forward.

Below is an example of "different", the sort of thing I want to see, so go to it and astound me, gob-smack me, give me that WOW! feeling of envy and amazement at your photographic prowess.

As a sign of stability in these turbulent times, I present you with the rules, which were once written in stone many eons ago and have remained the same ever since:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

EddieAC 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2020 9:49AM
A suite challenge for us all this week. Smile
SlowSong Plus
11 8.7k 30 England
26 Mar 2020 10:57AM
I'm already feeling like a couch potato. Sad
DaveRyder Plus
6 3.9k 2 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2020 2:34PM
I'll have to get my backside off it first - unless I get the selfie in before Eddie Tongue
DaveRyder Plus
6 3.9k 2 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2020 2:36PM
Pity this was taken before - My approach to 'socially isolating'.
253884_1585233361.jpg

26 Mar 2020 3:02PM
Sofa so good.
26 Mar 2020 5:10PM

Quote:Pity this was taken before - My approach to 'socially isolating'.

This is just too much to bear (or bare). Bet the neighbours are pleased with the hedge Wink
SlowSong Plus
11 8.7k 30 England
26 Mar 2020 5:40PM

Quote:
Quote:Pity this was taken before - My approach to 'socially isolating'.

..... Bet the neighbours are pleased with the hedge Wink

Just what I was thinking. Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
30 Mar 2020 8:14AM
G'day one and all, on this fine and sunny Monday morning!
Now that the macro challenge has been put to bed for another 7 days, we can concentrate on deciding which piece(s) of domestic furniture to photograph - or even commercial furniture if you are doubling up in your combined residence and office for the time being, thanks to that pesky Chinese virus, as Humpty Trumpty calls it...
RobD New Member
8 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2020 5:00PM
30 Mar 2020 5:09PM
Hi Rob, Many thanks for entering the challenge. The entries do not go into the thread though. They should go into the upload page for the group's gallery which you can find Here .
saltireblue Plus
9 10.4k 59 Norway
30 Mar 2020 5:15PM

Quote:Hi Rob, Many thanks for entering the challenge. The entries do not go into the thread though. They should go into the upload page for the group's gallery which you can find Here .

Or, alternatively, go to 'Browse' just above the opening post in this thread and click on 'Photo' then on the green 'Upload photo' button.
DaveRyder Plus
6 3.9k 2 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2020 8:54PM
Mrs D just looked at the picture upload earlier and said - it's not difficult to work out what that is, it's a chair.
Challenge schizophrenia....

We've been stuck in too long.
RobD New Member
8 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2020 11:12PM

Quote:Hi Rob, Many thanks for entering the challenge. The entries do not go into the thread though. They should go into the upload page for the group's gallery which you can find Here .

Which I did, immediately after remembering that this is different to the Daily Competition, by which point, it was here as a comment. Doing its best not to look like a chair. Tongue
31 Mar 2020 6:42PM

Quote:

Which I did, immediately after remembering that this is different to the Daily Competition, by which point, it was here as a comment. Doing its best not to look like a chair. Tongue

Yes, I see you uploaded while I was still typing. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.