WEX Deals: Sony Summer Cashback - Claim Up To £300

Weekly Black and White Challenge ending 8pm Wednesday 15th April 2020 - Fun with water

EddieAC 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2020 10:46AM
Trying to come up with new themes is getting more and more difficult so I thought I would go with something that we have probably done in variation many times before.

This will easily, and most probably, be best done at home anyway so shall suit this current time of lockdown. Anything from macro water drops to throwing water around in the back garden. I can even think of a way to do this with a selfie/ Wink

Flashguns are useful but not required and there are many ways to get good photos without them for all you ingenious togs. Smile

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4. All uploads must be B&W (or sepia toned)
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
8. Try not to get too soggy
9. Have fun

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveRyder Plus
6 4.2k 2 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2020 10:58PM
I went for garden...

High rate burst and picked a few shortlisted for the final choice.

That was after I sat most of the afternoon waiting for a bird to settle in the bird bath for a splash about.
Most days a couple pay a visit for a splash about - but not today. Well not until I put the camera away and then it was like a hot tub on a party night ....

RobD 70 1 Guernsey
12 Apr 2020 10:09PM
And I went for a shower. Too many options, so gave up going through all the ideas and options and plumped for one.
15 Apr 2020 3:48PM
Well a little bump as it is just over four hours to go. Smile
cattyal Plus
15 9.1k 6 England
15 Apr 2020 3:59PM
I've taken some pics this afternoon and plan to look at them this evening - after the sun has left my garden Smile
15 Apr 2020 7:27PM
Last minute entry from me I'm afraid. So only taken and edited on my phone.
Saw that it was possible to float coins on water. Which is what I was trying to replicate. Well, all I can say is the royal mint uses a heavier metal than other countries...they weren't having any if it. 🙄 So I resorted to paperclips instead. The suspense is killing me now!!!! 😆🤣
15 Apr 2020 8:05PM
Well, Time is now up. I will be back soon with a decision. Smile
15 Apr 2020 9:04PM
Okay, back again and suitably impressed with a few more numbers.

I'm rubbish at a little spiel but I have to have a go, though definitely not in the same league as Malc. Smile

Dave - Nice choice of motion blur with the water. Reminds me of the few times back in my teens where I would run and jump over the sprinkler at my best friends house in the summer.

Rob - Ah, fun in the shower. I've taken a few photos in the shower in my time. One similar to yours only to manipulate colour into it and one for the B&WC a while ago. I don't think you saw that one. Everyone else was unfortunate to. Grin

Phil - A nice and simple idea and freezing the action shows all the detail and why water can look really good.

Malc - This reminds me of a challenge themed "Indoor natural light" which was probably about my fourth entry into the challenge and I chose to do a handwashing photo. I was never happy with mine but your version is much better. I am also pleased that you are being this careful in this difficult time for everyone.

IL (All Hail) - Very nice. I have just started seeing these Dandelion's over here and I like how almost every one is holding a water droplet.

Linda - An initial attempt to launder money but you finally pinned it down in the end. A nice choice for a wider view for a water tension shot.

So now onto a decision and definitely a tough one but I do like how all the water droplets are nice and frozen in mid air so I have to award this weeks winning acolade to RobD for "Shower".

So well done to Rob and many thanks to everyone for taking part this week. Smile
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.2k 2 United Kingdom
15 Apr 2020 9:08PM
Well done Rob, and thanks of keeping us active this week Eddie (and Malc held up the selfie end of the entries in your absence).
saltireblue Plus
10 10.6k 61 Norway
15 Apr 2020 9:09PM
Congrats, Rob! Your first - of many, I predict - victory!
Eddie, many thanks for the efficient use of space and time this week. I can offer online 121 tutoring on the art of spiel, waffling, rambling and generally talking rubbish. Mates rates apply.Wink
15 Apr 2020 9:17PM
Good one Rob, spot on the subject and thanks to Eddie for the watery challenge.
RobD 70 1 Guernsey
15 Apr 2020 9:20PM
Thanks!
cattyal Plus
15 9.1k 6 England
15 Apr 2020 9:25PM
Congratulations Rob and thanks Eddie for the challenge. 8/10 for your waffle - you managed plenty but you need more nonsense and tangents to equal Malc's spiel Smile
15 Apr 2020 9:52PM
Well done Rob. Great shot.

And thanks to Eddie for the challenge.
Money laundering eh? Hmmm .. now if I wasn't such an upstanding member of the community... 🤔
17 Apr 2020 10:52AM

Quote:Congratulations Rob and thanks Eddie for the challenge. 8/10 for your waffle - you managed plenty but you need more nonsense and tangents to equal Malc's spiel Smile

I don't think it would be possible to equal Malc's spiel. He remains uniquely unique in that area. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.