Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed. 14th Apr. 2021 - Negative space

saltireblue Plus
11 11.8k 75 Norway
14 Apr 2021 8:13PM
I'll keep it brief today. I know I've said that before, but mrs. salty had her second vaccine dose today and is feeling a bit poorly, so need to offer a good dose of succour...

Dave (R): Designed to cause ultimate pain if stepped on. The complete opposite to the negative space full of soft carpet.

Malc: Billy no mates all alone in the snow - as bit how you must feel with that BOTongue

Somnath: Dark, negative space, although there is not a lot of space in that passage. The darkness providing lots of space, though.

David: An off-centre hole in a centred stone. I always wonder what has caused these holes in stones.

Andrew: Stone me! More stones! Multiple stones, even....or are there some pebbles in there, too?

Linda: Good to see your entry, even if you feel it was a rushed effort. Appropriate, too this week.

Eddie: Quackers, as ever, I note. Or should I say, 'hello, duckie'Tongue

Back soonish...

saltireblue Plus
11 11.8k 75 Norway
14 Apr 2021 8:19PM
I feel it might be the best thing to do to disqualify myself, leaving six runners and riders.

So, the honour/problem of setting the next theme/challenge will this week befall to our dear friend and fellow photographer David (not Dave R)
I liked the minimalism of the image, clean and simple.

Thanks to all who took part, and see y'all next time around.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
14 Apr 2021 8:23PM
Well done David and thanks Malc for emptying the space in my head for this week.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
14 Apr 2021 8:23PM

Quote:
Quote:
today so on my way to get dinner I stopped by the local pond to see if I could get something tasty

Duck ala Orange perhaps. 🍗

If I win it could be Hoisin Duck Wrap....(who's in da crap). Grin
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
14 Apr 2021 8:30PM
Well done David!
Thanks Malc!

Note the minimalist comment above but properly, well done to David and Many thanks Malc for this week!! Smile
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
14 Apr 2021 9:35PM
Btw I hope Mrs Salty is feeling better soon but I'm pleased she has had the second one and should be better protected.
14 Apr 2021 10:01PM
Well done David... nice one.

And thanks to Malc for the challenge. Hope Mrs Salty recovers quickly.

Same time, same place next week, folks! 🙂
14 Apr 2021 10:10PM
Well done David and thanks Malc for the challenge.

Eddie - not just you; I took my camera for a walk today to see if I could get something better than the shot I put in, only to discover the card was at home in the computer. (And no fallback - my phone doesn't have a camera, even though it's quite new (2009). ) Smile
15 Apr 2021 12:23AM
Many thanks, Mac, pleased against such interesting competition, it was a fun challenge, back shortly with a new idea............ one can only hope Smile
clicknimagine Plus
11 808 104 India
15 Apr 2021 3:35AM
Well Done Dave and Thanks also to Malc for the Challenge...
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
15 Apr 2021 8:41AM

Quote:Eddie - not just you; I took my camera for a walk today to see if I could get something better than the shot I put in, only to discover the card was at home in the computer. (And no fallback - my phone doesn't have a camera, even though it's quite new (2009). ) Smile

One missing memory card = One useless camera. I had hoped to use the 18-135 zoom on the camera to isolate a subject and maybe background blur to get negative space. Blur being difficult on the J2 or my phone so in the end I used the pond to sort out the negative space otherwise it was going to be a last second still life at home.

Maybe putting a memory card in camera should be added to the rules. Grin

Incidentally I was going to bath my 5 month old son and then edit and upload but after checking the time I realised there was only a half hour to go so I had to do things the other way around. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.