Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed. 16th December. 2020 - ICM

SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
10 Dec 2020 9:16AM
Intentional Camera Movement. I've not tried it before, so I'll be interested to see what interesting abstracts you can come up with.

Them there rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.

For new participants - please be aware that should you win, you will need to set a new challenge and judge it after 'closing time' the following Wednesday.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
10 Dec 2020 10:30AM
For those in doubt, the easiest way to obtain the desired effect is 1/10s and sneeze while pressing shutter...
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
10 Dec 2020 11:09AM

Quote:For those in doubt, the easiest way to obtain the desired effect is 1/10s and sneeze while pressing shutter...
And leave your camera on P for Professional, just to make sure you get the best possible result.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2020 12:20PM

Quote:For those in doubt, the easiest way to obtain the desired effect is 1/10s and sneeze while pressing shutter...

At least with face nappy on you'll not have to drop the camera to cover your mouth....TongueTongueTongue
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
10 Dec 2020 2:05PM
I've got a fair number of pictures with unintentional camera movement - usually as shown by the 'slight blur' and tilted horizonSad Can do that easily.
clicknimagine Plus
11 797 104 India
10 Dec 2020 5:28PM
It will be challenging to produce great result, it is all about light...
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
12 Dec 2020 7:19PM
The last time we did this one Malc set the challenge around 3 or so years ago.

No group gallery to go back and look though.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
12 Dec 2020 8:52PM

Quote:The last time we did this one Malc set the challenge around 3 or so years ago.

No, it's a shame. I found a way of going back to all the old challenges a while ago but they all seem to have now disappeared. It's a pity because i can't always find my challenge pics on my computer, but in the past have been able to find them on epz.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
12 Dec 2020 9:11PM

Quote:
Quote:The last time we did this one Malc set the challenge around 3 or so years ago.

No, it's a shame. I found a way of going back to all the old challenges a while ago but they all seem to have now disappeared. It's a pity because i can't always find my challenge pics on my computer, but in the past have been able to find them on epz.

OK, so click on this link and it'll take you to all the past challenge photos. You'll have to trawl through them all though to find a photo you want. I found this a while ago when I was looking for an old photo of mine that I hadn't saved on my computer.

https://www.ephotozine.com/groups/weekly-black-and-white-challenge-83/photos
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
12 Dec 2020 9:20PM
Look on pages 25/26. That might be the place.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
12 Dec 2020 9:45PM
That challenge was w/e 28th Feb. 2018.
Here's the thread
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
12 Dec 2020 9:53PM

Quote:That challenge was w/e 28th Feb. 2018.
Here's the thread

My link takes you to the photos though, not just the forum comments.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
13 Dec 2020 8:09AM

Quote:
Quote:That challenge was w/e 28th Feb. 2018.
Here's the thread

My link takes you to the photos though, not just the forum comments.

I know that, Chris, but as you had linked to the images, I thought some might like to see the accompanying thread/banter...Smile
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
13 Dec 2020 8:40AM
That's the ticket. My original links to the groups just goes to the current forums now.

I suppose I can swing my camera around by the strap in a figure of 8 and see what I get.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
13 Dec 2020 1:23PM
Just to go off-piste for a moment, if you want to see the old macro challenge photos you can follow this link. https://www.ephotozine.com/groups/weekly-macro-challenge-804/photos

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.