Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed. 17th March 2021 - repetitive patterns

saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
17 Mar 2021 8:00PM
Time, gentlemen, please...no more bets. Back soonish...
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
17 Mar 2021 8:13PM
I have to admit that my brain is not playing ball this evening - when does it ever, I hear you ask - have spent all day decorating and for some reason the fumes form the paint have addled or scrambled (not sur ewhich) my two brain cells. This means that brevity is the order of the day - oh, would one of you please remind me to google that word and find out what it means.

I shall try to get these in the regulation and traditional order of uploading, so eyes down and look in, here we go...

Dave (R): That's a vicious stretch of crossing - hope it isn't meant for pedestrians, cyclists or those who are visually challenged...nor drunks, come to that. The parallel lines stretching away seem more user friendly...

Dave (B&Ts): I have no idea at all what I am looking at. In the end I decided it was the skeleton of an animal, presumably a doggie according to your notes.

Dave (W): A woolly hat or a knitted tea-cosy? Both do a vital job, keeping important stuff warm.

Right, that's the Daves out of the way...

Pete: Thank you for giving me a guilty conscience for not oiling my decking last summer - goodness knows what state it will be in when the snow melts...

Somnath: even your toes are symmetrical!Wink

Andrew: Ductile water, or was/is Thomas Dudlley the ductile one, I wonder?

Eddie: You don't fool us matey...that's nowt to do with the baby, that's one of your weekend fishnet stockings - fess up!Tongue

Linda: Symmetrical apples and pears - is this the result of the same bureaucrat who tried to give us straight bananas?

I think that's all of you...off for a glass top-up ( a smallish whisky this evening as a change from the red...) then I'll be back with the results...

saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
17 Mar 2021 8:22PM
I have made my decision. Decisively and definitely. I think...
There is one image among the excellent selection box on offer this week that triggered the OCD tendencies my good wife suffers with. I have OCD, but she suffers because of it...
I found myself studying it more and more, trying to find an imperfection the pattern, but without success. All the small components of the larger picture appear to be where they should be.

Andrew, me ol' mucker. Evenin' mate. The honours are all yours this week. Please be kind on us when considering the new theme...pretty please?
bluesandtwos 11 519 1 England
17 Mar 2021 8:48PM
Well done Andrew!
Cheers for the challenge Malc, just to put your 2 brain cells to rest mine was plastic skeleton dog of the halloween type.Grin
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
17 Mar 2021 8:57PM

Quote:Well done Andrew!
Cheers for the challenge Malc, just to put your 2 brain cells to rest mine was plastic skeleton dog of the halloween type.Grin

Ah right...I did wonder if it was the remains of your Desperate Dan dinner...
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2021 9:00PM

Quote:Eddie: You don't fool us matey...that's nowt to do with the baby, that's one of your weekend fishnet stockings - fess up!Tongue

Ah me fishnets!! So that's where I left them...thanks Malc!! Grin

But seriously...many thanks Malc for this weeks fun and well done to Andrew!! Grin
17 Mar 2021 9:00PM
Well done Andrew, grate effort this week! (I'll get my coat! Blush )

And thanks to Malc for setting and judging the challenge this week. Oh, yes, and for getting us all ship shape. 😊
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2021 9:14PM
Well done Andrew and thanks Malc.
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
17 Mar 2021 11:07PM
Well done Andrew and thanks for the challenge MalcSmile
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
17 Mar 2021 11:16PM
Quote from Malc (done the easy wayWink ):
"Pete: Thank you for giving me a guilty conscience for not oiling my decking last summer - goodness knows what state it will be in when the snow melts..."
Any time, mate, particularly as you 'returned the compliment' by giving me a guilty conscience about decorating. Haven't done any for, well, a long time and it really showsSad
clicknimagine Plus
11 798 104 India
18 Mar 2021 12:20AM
Well Done and Congrats to Andrew, Thanks for the challenge Malc...
18 Mar 2021 10:58AM
Thanks Malc for the honour and privilege and thanks to all for your comments and/or puns. So, flushed with success, I shall put my thinking cap back on but the other way round this time and come up with a new challenge shortly.
19 Mar 2021 4:47PM
It was a beanie, good for keeping the " little grey cells " warm Smile
Well done Andrew, looking forward to next weeks challenge.
Imaginative entries this week from all, congrats.
David Wwwwww

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.