Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed. 21st Apr. 2021 : Wallpaper.

15 Apr 2021 12:31AM
Thought this might get the little grey cells working. Wallpaper in any guise, background, foreground, wrapping,worked on, Ps'd, but must be in the picture.

Here are the rules once again , piccy to follow soon.

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun.
9. Please, no negative thoughts. Be positive!
Blimey, that'll be tricky - we don't have any :-(
15 Apr 2021 4:09PM

Quote:Blimey, that'll be tricky - we don't have any :-(

Tell SHMBO , I am sure she will be delighted for you to redecorate SadSadSadSad Might be an old roll in the loft/shed/garage ?
15 Apr 2021 4:36PM
This is what gave me the idea....... the chimney breast where Debs Agility Certificates are displayed

328670_1618500897.jpg
EXIF
18 Apr 2021 8:39PM
"Might come in handy"
319198_1618773960.jpg
EXIF

I redecorated my study about 4 or 5 years ago. These are some of the off-cuts that were left over. I kept them because I thought they would come in handy if I needed to patch up the wall at any time, which, of course, predictably, I never did. And we've sold the house now. So I'll leave them behind ... just in case the new owners need them. 😁

To be honest, I don't really know why I bother keeping them - I never end up using them and I'm never sure they'd blend in even if I did. But that won't stop me doing the same next time! 😏
clicknimagine Plus
11 808 104 India
20 Apr 2021 5:31PM
My bedroom wall...

116922_1618936295.jpg
EXIF
21 Apr 2021 1:58AM
Just a gentle nudge GrinGrinGrin
I recognise that I am likely to be disqualified for divergence from the topic as there is no actual wallpaper in this - but in our house we paper the walls with pictures, so I am entering into spirit at least Smile

314095_1619025654.jpg
EXIF
21 Apr 2021 7:37PM
25 mins to go GrinGrinGrin
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
21 Apr 2021 7:42PM
Like AndrewThompson we have no wallpaper anywhere - stripped some awful stuff off when we moved here - and nor do I have Photoshop or anything similar. However, I couldn't resist showing at least a wall - which unfortunately shows our DVD and bookshelves in some state of dissaray. Must tidy them up.....
184684_1619030389.jpg
EXIF

and straighten the picturesBlush
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2021 7:49PM
28689_1619030768.jpg
EXIF

Torn

Only one part of the house has wallpaper here and that is the hallway. I had a few thoughts and then decided to concentrate on parts of the wallpaper and photograph a small part that has become torn after something has scraped down it.
saltireblue Plus
11 11.8k 75 Norway
21 Apr 2021 8:02PM
Sorry, but no entry from me...due to a lack of wallpaper and also a lack of time to find anything conforming to the remit...been a crazy week...
21 Apr 2021 8:04PM
"The time has come the Walrus said! "
Thanks for the entries, I will now go and peruse,pontificate and pronounce Grin back shortly........
21 Apr 2021 8:33PM
Right ho! Finished me Egg and Bacon buttie, can now concentrate Smile

In the time honored format I will say a few words, then pronounce a winner.
nb:- Never throw wallpaper away, it is perfect in seed trays to retain the moisture ( something I learned from me old Dad ).

PhotoLinda :- I only wish that things stored by me looked as pristine as this.Smile

Cliknimagine:- Very artistic, Hummingbirds on the wall to keep you cool Smile

AndrewThomson :- as pictures are mainly paper and are hung on the wall, you get by on a technicality Smile

petebfrace :- Once again, paper on a wall, and if you call that untidy, I must really be slipping Wink

EddieAC :- The one disadvantage of wallpaper, you only have to touch it to cause damage Smile

And the winner is EddieAC this week, an individual take on the subject.
So over to you for next weeks brain teaser, Eddie.

Thanks again to all,
David
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
21 Apr 2021 9:38PM
Well done Eddie and thanks for the challenge DavidSmile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.