Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed. 24th February 2021. Literature .

24 Feb 2021 3:50PM
287982_1614181807.jpg
EXIF

Hi all, only been a full member for a few days and still finding my feet. Stumbled across this without any prior knowledge so I thought I'd send in one of the family cookbook, hope I'm doing it right!
24 Feb 2021 4:48PM

Quote:287982_1614181807.jpg
EXIF

Hi all, only been a full member for a few days and still finding my feet. Stumbled across this without any prior knowledge so I thought I'd send in one of the family cookbook, hope I'm doing it right!

Hello and welcome, you have it right, glad to see you aboard Smile
David
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
24 Feb 2021 4:50PM
Hi Tony - welcome form me too...if there's anything you're not sure about, just ask and we'll make something up.Wink
Old library, still being used for a literary purpose of sorts. Not many customers though. For those who remember the two Ronnies, the hardware shop to the left pays homage to one of their most famous sketches but you'll need to view large to read it.

314095_1614186970.jpg
EXIF
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2021 6:41PM
28689_1614191705.jpg
EXIF

Ibuprofen

I was considering doing a selfie of sorts of me writing out 100 lines of "I must not leave taking photos for challenges so late in future" but I knew that would probably give me a headache so Ibuprofen and instructions it had to be.
24 Feb 2021 7:49PM
OK. Decided to have a play around this week. Had an idea for this early on - not sure it's quite what I had in mind, but I had fun playing around with it. Hope it makes you smile.

I'm calling this one "Dangerous world"

319198_1614196135.jpg
EXIF
24 Feb 2021 8:28PM
That's all folks Grin
Times up and many thanks to you all for giving me a headache to unravel.
Back shortly with my musings.
Once again well done all.
David
24 Feb 2021 9:20PM
Time for the Global awards, but as I have just had the van MoT'd and serviced , I can't get them out of the Pawn shop SadSadSad
However, here are my maunderings for your entertainment.

Dave Ryder:- what a wonderful memory to look back on. Did you track the beast?

Blues&Twos:- unique take on a renowned title. Love the setting.

Clickimagine:- A new author to me personally, I will take great delight in furthering my knowledge.

PeteFrance:- Wonderful book. I liked the use of the reading glasses to show it is still Jermaine

SaltireBlue:- When I lived in Cambridge, my favorite place to spend time. So many other lives stored there.

Smut01:- Evocative of the old country kitchen and my mothers cook books on the scrubbed Pine table.

AndrewThompson:- Memories so important to us all, just hope Smiths survives.

EddieAC:- I will need these after this SmileSmile Particularly like the lighting.

PhotoLinda:- Re-reading The Hobbit at the moment, Linda, so very apt. With Covid included, another literary quote in a completely new context.

Trrrrrrrr. Trrrrrrr. Trrrrrr ( Fanfare )

And this weeks winner is PeteFrance for his very crisp and memorable image.
Over to you Pete , and many thanks to everyone this week.
David

saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
24 Feb 2021 9:27PM
Well done, Pete!
Good mix of entries again this week, and many thanks to David for the theme.
Well done Pete. and thanks to David for an imaginative theme.
24 Feb 2021 9:40PM
Well done Pete. Takes me back to my childhood. Never re-read it as an adult...must do that sometime to see what I missed. 🤔

And thanks to David for the challenge - I had fun experimenting with a new idea this week. 😊
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2021 9:40PM

Quote:

Dave Ryder:- what a wonderful memory to look back on. Did you track the beast?

David, thanks for the challenge and no I didn't get to finish the books. About half way through he went solo.....

Well done Pete.
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
24 Feb 2021 9:47PM
Thank-you Dave (I think). A really imaginative challenge and a great selection of images which I enjoyed so I'm pleased (OK, and surprised) that you chose mine. I'll need to think a bit and come up with a new subject. Will see if the 'little grey cells' can work something out....

PS one of the reasons I like that book is the illustrations!
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2021 9:51PM

Quote: Particularly like the lighting.

Thanks David, it was setup in front of the kitchen window and backlit by the natural light. Also many thanks for running this week!!

Well done too Pete!!
clicknimagine Plus
11 796 104 India
25 Feb 2021 3:30AM
Well Done Pete, and Thanks David for the challenge...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.