Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed. 31st March 2021 - Exercise

25 Mar 2021 7:04AM
Time for a new challenge. And boy did that last one exercise the brain cells! 😆 Which brings me nicely to this week's challenge.

During lockdown I'm sure we've all heard of some novel ways of keeping active, fit and healthy. So this week I'm interested to see some of those. It doesn't matter who's doing the exercise, which part of the body is getting a workout or how vigorous (or otherwise) it may be. I have an open mind and you can photograph any kind of exercise you like. I'm not even bothered if it's an accurate representation of what's been going on in your life or not...go crazy and make up something amusing if you like.

All creative techniques are fair game on this one. But please bear in mind the younger audience and innocent minds (like mine 😇Wink and keep it prim and proper! 🤔🤪

I have an idea in mind for this one but I'm working today. Probably post an example tomorrow or Saturday as it just happens to be my once-fortnightly non-working Friday.

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun.
9. Keep fit responsibly...I accept liability for any injury done to body, animal, buildings or inanimate objects.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
25 Mar 2021 7:31AM
Can this include images of someone exercising their rights? (As in protestors)
How to take an image of me exercising my two brain cells?🤔🤔

Note to self: exercise, not exorcise...
25 Mar 2021 7:45AM
😂😂😂
Malc, I will leave it up to you to interpret the theme any way you like. 😊
25 Mar 2021 12:00PM
Exercise .. not something I do a lot of, had to look it up i the dictionary. A fun challenge Smile
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.2k 9 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2021 4:16PM

Quote:

I have an open mind and you can photograph any kind of exercise you like. I'm not even bothered if it's an accurate representation of

Perhaps we should exercise self restraint as well.....Tongue

Quote:9. Keep fit responsibly...I accept liability for any injury done to body, animal, buildings or inanimate objects.

Did you really mean that Linda or is there a bit missing? Your blanket acceptance of such a wide range of liabilities is very brave, even in this country; imagine how it might be in the US. Smile
26 Mar 2021 7:43PM
Ah ha! You spotted my deliberate mistake! 😆

There is a very small but important "no" missing from that one. At least one of you's awake then. 🤪

Missed it until it was too late to edit. Did consider asking Malc to add it in for me but I thought I'd wait and see how long it took you all to wake up.

For clarity I accept absolutely no liability whatsoever. Howsoever. Whenever. Wherever. And whatever!

Glad we got that sorted! 😎
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
26 Mar 2021 8:24PM
I did spot this at the time it was posted, but decided to leave it as it was.

My legal team advise me the the injuries and damage sustained to myself and my equipment the day before yesterday are your responsibility as they occurred before the alleged error or omission was so conveniently discovered and your futile attempt to amend your statement occurs after the fact and is therefore an invalid correction.
They will be writing to you soon to forward a claim on my behalf for damages and compensation.
26 Mar 2021 8:54PM
😱
I'm claiming E&OE.
Or bankruptcy, if needs be.
27 Mar 2021 3:48PM

Quote:They will be writing to you soon to forward a claim on my behalf for damages and compensation.

How much do you expect for a hangnail?
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
27 Mar 2021 6:13PM

Quote:
Quote:They will be writing to you soon to forward a claim on my behalf for damages and compensation.

How much do you expect for a hangnail?

No matter the injury/damage, I'll take all they have.
27 Mar 2021 6:56PM
2p then!
Better luck next time! 🤪
28 Mar 2021 7:18PM
Not so nimble fingers Grin

328670_1616953271.jpg
EXIF
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.2k 9 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2021 7:03PM
I've just put 1Tonne of stone chippings on the borders in the rear garden - 50 by 20kg bags.
Not exercise more like purgatory.....

I hope to get out to take an image or two tomorrow.
I might even upload it after Eddie.
30 Mar 2021 7:24PM
Ok peeps. We are about to enter the final 24 hours of this challenge. So still time to get some exercise in before the clock times you out.

Apologies I didn't get chance to upload an example on this one... just absolutely drained over the weekend for some reason. And that was before I let someone stab me. Don't know how I'll be feeling this time tmw but still expecting to have enough energy to judge exercise, even if I don't have enough to take part in it!
See you then.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.