Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed. 5th May 2020 - Water

saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
29 Apr 2021 8:23AM
Looking thought the topic list, I was surprised to see that water hardly features at all...
Fun with Water; Running Water and Water Reflections all feature, but all were way back in the day when we were all considerably younger than we are today. So, about time to get down and damp again.
Anything and everything water related. As ever, extra brownie points can be earned by being creative either in-camera or in your processing. Indoors or outdoors...try to think of something more than just a straight-forward shot of your nearest river or a full bath...Wink

Rules, for those who need reminding:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun.
9. If you do get wet, then hang yourself up to dry - a sunny place is best...
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
30 Apr 2021 10:54AM
The good old dependable UK weather.... rain on the patio table.

So, here we have a reflection of our Laburnum in the pool of rain water on the patio table.
High contrast in NIK Silver

253884_1619776449.jpg
EXIF
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
3 May 2021 1:43PM
It's not Friday, and it's not 5 o'clock, so that means it's not Crackerjack, but it is Monday at roughly a quarter to three (two in the UK) and it is the weekly reminder of the challenge, which ends on Wednesday...
clicknimagine Plus
11 808 104 India
4 May 2021 1:31PM
Once a busy street...

116922_1620131450.jpg
EXIF
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
4 May 2021 8:53PM

Quote:It's not Friday, and it's not 5 o'clock, so that means it's not Crackerjack, but it is Monday at roughly a quarter to three (two in the UK) and it is the weekly reminder of the challenge, which ends on Wednesday...

Now that's just showing off 'caus you've got a handle on reality and across two time zones 🤣🤣🤣🤣
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
4 May 2021 10:55PM
28689_1620165156.jpg
EXIF

Bursting Balloon

Well I always wanted to try this so the Water theme gave me an excuse. At least none of my neighbours called the police about the crazy knifeman outside. Grin

Oh! A hand selfie too. Wink
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
5 May 2021 12:34PM
184684_1620214282.jpg
EXIF

Watering the garden
Not a lot of rain (until recently). I was planning to try 'other things' but am having a torrid time filling in tax forms, so yesterday and today are wash-outs. (well, that's water tooWink)
A bathroom tap.Had other ideas but events overtook me.

314095_1620233348.jpg
EXIF

5 May 2021 6:04PM
328670_1620233716.jpg
EXIF

Potassium Permanganate islands.

Remember school science lessons ?
Me and my friend ( Aged 12 ) bought some crystals, and spent a very interesting
afternoon watching them dissipate in his fathers overlarge water butt.
Luckily I was not around when his father turned the lawn purple, but I was
banned from ever visiting againGrinGrin
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
5 May 2021 8:01PM
OK...that's it...soon time for the votes of the Norwegian jury...
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
5 May 2021 8:17PM
Right then, let's have a look at what we have here...

First up we have Dave.
This looks like you are lying on the bottom of a pool, as one does, looking up at submerged branches and the surface of the water beyond.

Somnath: Images within images here with the reflections in the puddles and the bike as the main subject.

Eddie: I would have loved to see how wet you got doing this, or was the explosion more of a damp squid than a big bang?

Pete: If nature won't play ball and rain, then you have to resort to a bit of gardening DIY. Mrs salty prefers a hose...

Andrew: Mrs Andrew, 'What are you doing?' Andrew, 'Taking a photo of the taps'. Mrs Andrew, 'Well make sure you give them a clean first, I don't want folk to think our taps don't shine!'

David: Memories of the school lab and experiments which didn't quite goa s the teacher intended!

A quick top-up of the glass before the decision is announced...

EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
5 May 2021 8:23PM
I didn't get wet. I had to dry the light stands though. Smile
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
5 May 2021 8:30PM
OK then. My mind, or what is left of it, is made up. My brain cells have had restrictions lifted and are once again allowed to drop the social distancing and cooperate with each other - both of them.
It has to be said that this week's selection of entries is as varied and as eclectic a mix as ever, so restrictions, lock-downs, facial masks, social distancing and other real or imagined difficulties (like being married and having to work from home) have not managed to put the mockers on your creativity. So well done one and all.

So to the decision. In arriving at the winner I found that I had, coincidentally, chosen one from the entries mentioned in my last post...strange world, ain't it. Or is it just me that's strange? No requirement foe´r an answer...

So. Somnath - congratulations on your puddle and bicycle image. Excellent use of the theme (as were the others).
Well done all you others. We'll meet again...
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
5 May 2021 8:34PM
Well done Somnath and thanks for the somewhat damp challenge this week.
Definitely not a washout with some splendid entries.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
5 May 2021 8:44PM

Quote:I didn't get wet. I had to dry the light stands though. Smile

How many attempts did it take, Eddie?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.