Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed. 7th April 2021 - Music

DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2021 4:41AM
Daves' guitar entry gave me the idea and checking the list we've not done this one in a very long time.... Music

Absolutely anything with a hint on a connection.
If it links to the title of a song, the name of a composer/artist or has an instrument in the image it'll qualify.
- So if you see a Magic Bus, with a Guitar painted on the side and driven by a Stevie Wonder look a like you've hit the jack pot.

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun.
9. Remember, The Rhythm Is Gonna Get You.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2021 5:08AM
Well here's my starter for 10.
Taking Chris Rea's song 'On The Beach' a lovely mellow voice and much underrated artist - who just happens to come from Middlesbrough.

Another brilliant high contrast shot there Dave. And I'm with you on Chris Rea, great voice and song writing talent too.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2021 8:04AM
Well 36hrs to go.
Get with the beat, put on your dancing shoes and as Nickleback said......

saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
3 Apr 2021 8:21AM

Quote:Well 36hrs to go.
Get with the beat, put on your dancing shoes and as Nickleback said......

Dave - have you just had your Covid vaccine? If so, it has had some side-effects! 36 hours to go until 8pm Wednesday....lie down in a dark room mate...Wink
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2021 8:32AM
It's one of them weeks Malc..
Mrs D was taken of to local Hospital in one of them NHS taxis a couple of days ago.

Head full of marbles since....

So I'm claiming....

petebfrance 9 3.0k France
3 Apr 2021 8:14PM
I hope Mrs. D is OK, Dave.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2021 8:33PM

Quote:I hope Mrs. D is OK, Dave.

Thanks Peter, hopefully she'll be home to help with the judging Wednesday (or any other day I confuse for Wednesday).
Not too sure just yet. Hardest is not being able to visit.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
3 Apr 2021 8:37PM

Quote:
Quote:I hope Mrs. D is OK, Dave.

Thanks Peter, hopefully she'll be home to help with the judging Wednesday (or any other day I confuse for Wednesday).
Not too sure just yet. Hardest is not being able to visit.

Not wishing to make light of the situation, Dave, but I can fully understand her need to get away from you for a few days!Tongue
Hoping everything is OK with her.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2021 9:20PM
My thoughts and wishes for Mrs D also. Hope all is well.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2021 10:14PM
It's a weeks all inclusive at the Radisson North Tees (other chain hospital available).
Nearest she's had to a holiday in since Dec 2019.

Thanks all. Pancreatitis from a surprise Gall Bladder problem, but on the mend, slowly.
So I'll be flying the Washer and Vacuum solo for a while.
I will not , I say WILL NOT iron.... well not until I'm told too.
JawDborn 9 1.3k 1 England
4 Apr 2021 1:17PM
So sorry to hear about Mrs. D. Pancreatitis is agonising. I was nil- by- mouth in hospital for 8 days with it. Hope the op. goes well. Make sure she rests well afterwards.

Regards,

Jack.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2021 9:18AM
Think I've got the days correct this time.....

8pm tomorrow the curtain comes down on this weeks challenge.
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
7 Apr 2021 12:35PM
184684_1617794763.jpg
EXIF

Penn Whistles and 'Love is Teasing'

Growing up in Liverpool I used to occasionally hear this song belting out whilst I was walking past a pub. I was reminded of it when I bought these 'penny whistles' some years ago because there it was, large as life, plus which holes to put finger on! Very sentimental, very sad, but it's a nice tune. Got bored with the penny whistles, though, and they cost a 'pretty penny'....

Oh, and here it is being sung by Marianne Faithfull (found on youtube, most unexpected):

The year the music died ..... but it will be back!

Our little town usually hosts a folk festival, jazz festival, sea shanty festival and a Morris dancing weekend, not to mention the Ship Inn's bank holiday events where the temporary stage is built out over the beach. The independent music shop is always busy - but not for the last year.

314095_1617800416.jpg
EXIF

P.S. Hope Mrs D is recovering OK Dave.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.