Save 50% on inPixio Photo Studio Pro

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wed. 9th Dec. 2020 - Juxtaposition

saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
2 Dec 2020 10:23PM
This week you have the opportunity to stay indoors, or wander around outside - up to you.

Juxtaposition meaning:
"The fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect."

So, plenty of scope there - just need to fire up the old imagination and get to work. I expect excellent results.Smile

Them there rules:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.

For new participants - please be aware that should you win, you will need to set a new challenge and judge it after 'closing time' the following Wednesday.
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 8 United Kingdom
4 Dec 2020 9:36AM
Merry Christmas.....

clicknimagine Plus
11 774 104 India
7 Dec 2020 10:50AM
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
7 Dec 2020 1:43PM
A wee reminder to all thinking of entering this week, that the closing time and day are the same as every week - we are nothing if not consistent...
SlowSong Plus
12 9.5k 30 England
8 Dec 2020 11:33AM
84915_1607427202.jpg
EXIF

Sworn Enemies
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
9 Dec 2020 2:58PM
184684_1607525842.jpg
EXIF

Spoilt for Choice
philstan 4 555 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2020 6:05PM
299484_1607537032.jpg
EXIF

I couldn't resist adding the winch cable in Photoshop.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2020 7:44PM
28689_1607542795.jpg
EXIF

Fire and Ice

A bit rushed tonight and not too many ideas so I decided on Cold against Hot and set some water to freeze last night. Then it was a case of setting fire to something. I found out that masks don't burn very well unless you douse them with lighter fluid.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
9 Dec 2020 8:01PM
OK, Minions...time's up...back soon with a result.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
9 Dec 2020 8:18PM
Ok then, let's see...
Not in the mood for pointless banter this evening...still trying to get my head round the fact that IL is no more and that there will be no last-second uploads from her...

I was thinking of changing the titles of the 2 challenges to "Weekly IL Macro..." and "Weekly IL B&W..." in memory of Alison...what do you all think?

To tonight's business then...

Dave: haven't seen a more miserable expression since the last time I saw EastEnders about a hundred years ago.

Somnath: Great juxtaposition between the large wheel and all the small ones. The sense of movement is terrific.

Chris: Tom and Jerry, eh? Looks as if Tom has the upper hand for once...

Pete: Have to admit to being more a BoneyM fan than Greensleeves.

Phil: Trying to put it in place, or remove it? Good bit of ps faffing...

Eddie: You're always a bit rushed these daysTongue Understandable, I suppose...I hope you took the mask off before dowsing it in lighter fluid and setting fire to it?Wink

So, who will be the one to take over for the coming week? In the end the decision was down to two 'finalists', but in the end I feel that Chris' image just edged it, so well done, Chris and indeed all of you who took part,

All Hail, IL!
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 8 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2020 8:29PM

Quote:
Dave: haven't seen a more miserable expression since the last time I saw EastEnders about a hundred years ago.

You haven't seen me putting up the decorations.

Quote:
I was thinking of changing the titles of the 2 challenges to "Weekly IL Macro..." and "Weekly IL B&W..." in memory of Alison...what do you all think?

All Hail, IL!

1st class idea.

Well done Chris and thanks to you too Malc.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2020 9:04PM
I too would be happy with having IL's Moniker initials I the titles and had also thought about there being no more last minute uploads. We had only experienced that when Alison was judge for the week.

Well done Chris and thanks Malc for this week.
philstan 4 555 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2020 9:10PM
Well done Chris. Thanks for the challenge Malc and your great idea to add a tribute to the challenge titles.
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
9 Dec 2020 9:12PM
Well done Chris and thanks for the challenge Malc.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.5k 30 England
9 Dec 2020 10:13PM
Well, thanks for the challenge, Malc, and the accolade. Will be back tomorrow with another dastardly topic.

I'm not sure I'd like the challenges to be renamed. Not that I object to the sentiment, but I'm not sure I want to be reminded every time that Alison is not with us any more. I still can't get my head around it. Anyway, just my thought on the matter. Up to the majority.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.