Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wednesday 16th June 2021 - Movement & Motion

EddieAC Plus
16 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2021 9:26AM
Okay I am a bit strapped for time today so I decided to pick on old one from the bottom of the topic list. Never a bad idea though as there are some good themes in there and good images will result.

So slow(er)/(ish) shutter speeds or camera movement are the order of the week. Simple but fun.

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Get moving people.
9. Have fun.

A small example:

DaveRyder Plus
7 5.5k 9 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2021 9:39AM
The two of us on dodgems yesterday... great to see him and other having a fun time.

HARD LEFT...

253884_1623573552.jpg
EXIF

clicknimagine Plus
11 834 104 India
16 Jun 2021 5:46AM
16 Jun 2021 11:57AM
... and moving on
325103_1623840897.jpg
EXIF
16 Jun 2021 12:00PM
Hi everyone. Thought I'd introduce myself. Very much a beginner, and put the camera down for a while over lockdown. I like these challenges, so motivated by you all to 'pick-up' again to make a contribution.
Best regards
Les
saltireblue Plus
11 11.9k 75 Norway
16 Jun 2021 3:43PM
Hi Les, and welcome to our very informal and frivolous challenge, which we all take deadly seriously.Wink
We have some distant relations over in the weekly macro challenge, which raises its collective ugly head on Sundays, so you are welcome there as well, if small things turn you on photographicallyWink
saltireblue Plus
11 11.9k 75 Norway
16 Jun 2021 3:44PM
Training for the Olympics...like, yeah...
128530_1623854629.jpg
EXIF
petebfrance 9 3.1k France
16 Jun 2021 4:21PM
184684_1623856812.jpg
EXIF

Portrait with a bit of camera movement.
Very tricky to do; lots of delete-worthy shotsSad
This is Minstrel who came a-wandering to our door 8 years ago and is still here. As you can she, the first rule of "not allowed on the bed" was rigorously enforced. Here she is having a chin scratch.

314095_1623863253.jpg
EXIF
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.5k 9 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2021 6:29PM

Quote:
Hi everyone. Thought I'd introduce myself.

Hello Les and welcome to possibly the only area currently in the UK where we can have unrestricted fun, well that is as long as it's B&W (or perhaps a little sepia). And there is the macro area as well before I told off 😂😂😂 , but Malc has already pointed that out.
16 Jun 2021 8:10PM
Thanks for the warm welcome all. It all sounds good to me!
Les
EddieAC Plus
16 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2021 8:10PM
Time is up. I just have to pay a local convenience store a quick visit then I will be back for the task of judging. Smile

Quote:Quote:
Hi everyone. Thought I'd introduce myself.

Hello Les

I echo Malc's and Dave's welcomes.

I joined in with these challenges a couple of years ago, getting back into it after many years (brought up on film) and have found the weekly projects have given me an incentive to do something, learn new skills and improve my photography - which my wife says I have, so it must be true.Smile

Andrew

EddieAC Plus
16 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2021 9:31PM

Okay, decision is now made. I was surprised just how quickly we got back around to Wednesday, the days were certainly in motion. Now as is customary before the guillotine becomes a blur a line or two about each entry.

Dave - Good to see you having a fun day out and family enjoying themselves. Also not easy controlling a dodgem car and framing a composition while turning the shutter speed dial with your thumb all at the same time.

Somnath - Always a thoughtful photo showing us a glimpse into life in India. I wonder where the cyclist is going and were both he and the chap with the broken sitar ever aware of each other if even for a fleeting moment in time.

Les - A warm welcome to the challenges. I made a first contribution to the challenges on the 6th August 2015 and I'm still here. Apparently someone turned out the light so I can't find the exit. Grin
Anyway time certainly is the one thing that is always in motion and I can just about make out the second hand in there. It is certainly going at a pace.

Malc - Always an Olympian size photo. I can imagine a skipping rope about to come into view or if you are running then it's probably away from your computer after accidentally clicking on one of my selfies.

Pete - I did something like this a while back for the challenge and it is always fun and different every time even if the delete button does get overworked. As someone who will take a selfie if necessary for the challenge I always appreciate seeing them from others.

Andrew - Cats always make great subjects and I wonder how long you had to sit and wait for your's to cooperate. I bet she licked her lips a few times before scratching her chin. It also looks like she's seen the bird on what looks like a pillow behind her and is just starting to chase it.

Well that's all the entries covered and now on to the winner. All entries worthy of the prize as per usual but I rather like "Hard left" by Dave, a nice and dynamic shot so I am going to have to announce him as this weeks winner. So many thanks to everyone for entering this week. Well done to Dave and hope to see you all in the next one.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.5k 9 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2021 9:36PM

Quote:

Dave - Good to see you having a fun day out and family enjoying themselves. Also not easy controlling a dodgem car and framing a composition while turning the shutter speed dial with your thumb all at the same time.

Thank you Eddie (I think), Mrs D agrees with you but she is biased on photographer and subject (mainly subject) 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Driving around just pointing and clicking, I got some interesting empty images too.

Back tomorrow with a topic.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.