Change gear with our partner, MPB

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wednesday 29th September 2021 - Hands in action

EddieAC 16 3.2k 2 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2021 1:08PM
New challenge and after much thought and deliberation I decided to go with "Hands in action" and the goal this week is to make a photo of either yours or somebody else's hands, although if Football is involved then hopefully it will not be a goal.

In the example below I decided to play with a small jigsaw puzzle but this can be anything you fancy doing, want to do or about to do so get creative and experiment with shutter speeds for sharp or motion blurry action.

After taking the photo below I noticed we had already covered "Hands" in the previous topic list but it is sufficiently down the list and different enough that this doesn't matter.

The rules.

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Wednesday.
4. Images must be B&W (or sepia toned).
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Hands in action but keep it clean guys.
9. Have fun.

The Example.

28689_1632398467.jpg
EXIF
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.7k 13 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2021 4:45PM
No excuse this week.
New banister rail and skirting boards arriving tomorrow.
Now how will Mrs D take it if I start photographing them them instead of fitting them.....Wink
23 Sep 2021 8:44PM

Quote:No excuse this week.
New banister rail and skirting boards arriving tomorrow.
Now how will Mrs D take it if I start photographing them them instead of fitting them.....Wink

You can always make Mrs D very happy by photographing your hands fitting them. Smile
27 Sep 2021 6:39PM
Well, the Macro is done and dusted for the week so it's time to get your fingers out, your hands into the action and grab a decent image. Smile
saltireblue Plus
11 12.2k 76 Norway
27 Sep 2021 7:21PM

saltireblue Plus
11 12.2k 76 Norway
28 Sep 2021 4:32PM
Hands joined, doing bird wing movements. Two images bracketed in-camera.
128530_1632843130.jpg
EXIF
sjr 4 612 England
29 Sep 2021 5:06AM
Always keep them at ten to two.
304970_1632888273.jpg
EXIF
clicknimagine Plus
11 888 105 India
29 Sep 2021 11:34AM
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.7k 13 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2021 12:18PM
New skirting boards then a bit of white paint...

253884_1632914285.jpg
EXIF

petebfrance 9 3.1k France
29 Sep 2021 5:55PM
184684_1632934446.jpg
EXIF

Tired Hands
That have just spent a happy afternoon cutting a hedge.
314095_1632937558.jpg
EXIF

A little light mixing.
29 Sep 2021 8:11PM
All hands on deck........erm...Time's up!!

Will just go and make a cuppa and then back ASAP with a judgement. Smile
29 Sep 2021 9:18PM
Back again, Cuppa made and before a decision is made a line or two based upon your digital images.

Malc - How many hands do you have? That looks like you could upstage an Octopus. Nice idea about the bird movements. Who knows, that technique could take off.

Simon - I've posted a few car themed images into the B&WC in my time but not from that angle. Is it a DSLR strapped to your chest or smartphone in top pocket? I will guess the phone and note that the sky reflects the sombre mood of the U.K's current fuel crisis and I'm pleased to see that you have enough to last.....for now.

Somnath - Yet another nice image and good blur of hands from pedestrians walking past the doorway of what I see as a Train, at least public transport and nicely contrasting with the sharp passenger still on the vehicle.

Dave - Skirting board ladder made use of and put back in cupboard. All fitted and painted nicely. Come to think of it ours need doing as well as they look a bit shabby. Are you free on Sunday?

Pete - Hands at rest after an afternoons hedge cutting. I'm relieved that you didn't try to capture the hedge cutting. One slip of the Hedge Trimmer and the whole thing could have gone very Star Wars, Though George Lucas did have a thing for characters loosing their hands in his films. I also noticed you have just about captured another set of hands in your photo.

Andrew - Yet another different image this week adding to the mix. A nice amount of blur and a bit of flash adding detail back into the scene. Many thanks to Mrs T for being the model and no doubt putting Nigella to shame.

Okay that said a decision has to be made so lets all give a hand for this weeks winner........Malc (SorrySmile). A nice idea and the whole thing looks like a hand version of synchronised swimming with multiple participants.

So well done to Malc and many thanks everyone for getting a hand in this week. Smile
saltireblue Plus
11 12.2k 76 Norway
29 Sep 2021 9:26PM
Apologies accepted, Eddie, and I've got to hand it to you, you're a dab hand at setting challenges 😎
Might well be tomorrow before the new challenge is up and running 🏃‍♂️
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.7k 13 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2021 9:26PM

Quote:
Dave - Skirting board ladder made use of and put back in cupboard. All fitted and painted nicely. Come to think of it ours need doing as well as they look a bit shabby. Are you free on Sunday?

Well done Malc and Eddie, thanks for helping to divert me the paint for a bit anyway.

The skirting was a pain, it was too big for my mitre block so had to mark and plane each corner...my old woodwork teacher would be proud.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.