Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Weekly IL Black and White Challenge - ending 8pm Wednesday 3rd February 2021 - ePHOTOzine...

EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2021 10:33PM
28689_1612304624.jpg
EXIF

ePHOTOzine - Putting detail back in your life

The only thing I could think of for this week. Posting to the website regularly does provide clarity for your photography so this variation on an old idea seems to fit the theme.

Years ago I had seen artists doing watercolour paintings of a building situated near Reigate town centre where I used to live and I thought of reversing it and taking a photo of myself painting the building but turning the painter into watercolour and having the artist paint detail back into the building so that the building was becoming a photo.

So this is a variation on that and I quite liked one of the other filters in photoshop as opposed to watercolour which suits black and white better. I chose to do it on the actual website as kind of an upload.

I think I recall Malc once saying that I can turn any theme into a selfie. Grin
philstan 4 555 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2021 11:37AM
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
3 Feb 2021 12:04PM

Quote:I think I recall Malc once saying that I can turn any theme into a selfie.

That's a brilliant idea for a new weekly challenge - we give a scenario and you have to turn it into a selfie.🤣
Hope on the horizon

314095_1612362931.jpg
EXIF

ePz helps me to see a glimmer of hope on the horizon in these dark times
clicknimagine Plus
11 774 104 India
4 Feb 2021 2:24AM
Time up, and here it goes:-

Dave...Lovely idea, simple and very effective...

Dave (twos...bluesandtwos)...you have nicely defined the theme, and you have a good collection of cameras...

Malc...My friend i can see you came by that bus with an image without exif, your idea is different GrinWinkWink, you could at least have manually provided the date of taking the image...

Mark...Best way to spend the time from the comfort of home is to read the book, nice collection and idea...

Eddie...Nicely thought out, and it is always interesting to read your description appended with the image...

Phil...You have beautifully tried to represent the name literally, and it is a lovely idea too...

Andrew...You have tried to connect ePHOTOzine with a beautiful scene...

Well, at the end I must say you all have given great efforts, three names come to my mind as close competitor in this week but I think I have to declare one...and my choice is simple and very effective Winner, Dave (DaveRyder)...
saltireblue Plus
10 11.6k 72 Norway
4 Feb 2021 7:38AM
Well done to Dave (the one who won), and to the other Dave and all other entrants.
Somnath - an excellent theme, which certainly made me think hard...
DaveRyder Plus
6 5.1k 8 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2021 8:27AM
Thanks Somnath and against some great entries..
Give me a little while and I'll be back with something to occupy us all this week.
Well done Dave and thanks Somnath for a splendid challenge.
philstan 4 555 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2021 9:29AM
Well done Dave and thanks for the challenge Somnath.
bluesandtwos 11 505 1 England
4 Feb 2021 9:35AM
Thanks Somnath, and well done Dave R ! Smile

I thought that these were a great bunch of pictures for the theme, I'm glad I didn't have to choose! Smile

Thanks for the fun everyone, now Dave R, over to you. We wait with fear and trepidation!!! Grin

Dave
EddieAC Plus
16 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2021 9:54AM
Well done to Dave (R)!! It's good that the Dave's are still featuring prominently in the B&W C. Smile

Many thanks Somnath for this week and yes I do like to yak a little about an upload. Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.