Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Weekly IL Macro Challenge. Ends Sun. 20th June 21 - Summer

petebfrance 9 3.1k France
13 Jun 2021 11:08PM
Well, I've thought about it - and had absolutely no ideas, so SWMBO suggested that as it is summer, let's have something to remind us of summer, and perhaps even celebrate it. Agreeing is usually the best policy, so here goes.

It could be something from the natural world like flowers or insect thingies, something to eat or drink, anything you like as long as it brings a taste of summer. Actually, sun-tan lotion would have helped today but a cold beer would have been better.

The Rules:

1.The challenge is just for fun.
2. YOUR IMAGE MUST BE TAKEN AFTER THE THEME IS ANNOUNCED.
3. The image must be uploaded in a comment in this thread by 8pm (UK time) on the following Sunday
4. Only one upload per member
5. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge and the judge’s decision is final
6. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
7. Photos in the thread, no links.
8. For new participants - if you win, you will have to set and judge the next week's challenge.
9. There is no number 9!

Oh, and here's a flower or two (or three...) :
184684_1623621880.jpg
EXIF

18 Jun 2021 3:25PM
Reminder that the weekend is almost upon us, so time for some nice summery close-upsGrin
saltireblue Plus
11 12.0k 75 Norway
18 Jun 2021 3:45PM

Quote:Reminder that the weekend is almost upon us, so time for some nice summery close-upsGrin

So, to summarise in a summary fashion, the sum of your message is to summon us to action this summer's day and to get our summer entries in...or have I misunderstood?Tongue
JawDborn 9 1.3k 1 England
18 Jun 2021 4:33PM

Quote:
Quote:Reminder that the weekend is almost upon us, so time for some nice summery close-upsGrin

So, to summarise in a summary fashion, the sum of your message is to summon us to action this summer's day and to get our summer entries in...or have I misunderstood?Tongue

Summat like that!
18 Jun 2021 5:52PM
Some peopleTongue
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.6k 11 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2021 4:37PM
Conifer cuttings, 1st trim of the year.

253884_1624117025.jpg
EXIF
20 Jun 2021 11:12AM
Another reminder. I wish I hadn't chosen 'summer,' though; it was tempting fate. Rained most of the day yesterday and raining again today - evidently summer has arrivedSad
20 Jun 2021 12:37PM
Baby leafcutter bee chewing his way out of winter quarters.

Pentax-A 50mm macro on 1" tube

314095_1624189005.jpg
EXIF
saltireblue Plus
11 12.0k 75 Norway
20 Jun 2021 2:48PM
Fingers crossed that I will need to take these out of the cupboard to use them for what they were made for, not just to photograph them...
128530_1624196916.jpg
EXIF
EddieAC Plus
16 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2021 6:57PM
28689_1624211578.jpg
EXIF

Grass Darts

This may not seem summer(ish) my wife doesn't think it is but Wall Barley does remind me of summer and it all seems to shoot up around that time. I remember while going too and coming home from school with friends we used to throw these Grass Darts at each other.

So a few memories of summer from me. Smile

EddieAC Plus
16 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2021 7:53PM
I forgot to add that mine was taken on a typical British summers day.

There is a house that I pass on the way to the village and they paint anecdotal messages onto wooden boards and hang them out in their front garden for people to read. A recent one read: "I always look forward to summer, It's my favourite day of the year".
20 Jun 2021 8:04PM
OK, time's up and despite there being only 4 images it isn't easy!
Will go away and think, but meanwhile here's a 'summary' (thanks, Malc, for the ideaGrin )

DaveRyder - conifer cuttings. Nice close-up, reminds me a bit of asparagus tbh - which SWMBO hates but there's a limit to how much I can eat so it never gets finished. Conifers are fine, although Leylandii can be a bit of a pain. We 'inherited' privet hedges so have a couple to cut - not much fun.

AndrewThompson - baby leafcutter bee. Yes, bees are nice and fluffy but unfortunately I know somebody who tried stroking one; that hurt. Nice to see the fur and eyes!

Saltireblue - after sun etc. It would be nice to think that these will come in handy but after the last two days... nice summery colours, though (was that a summary too?)

EddieAC - grass darts. Not something I've come across, wall barley, and it's good that you and your mates found something constructive to do with it. Nice summery rain!
20 Jun 2021 9:17PM
OK, folks, I'm back. I found it an incredibly difficult decision, tbh, but the winner this week is the tiny leaf-cutter bee on it's way out. So thank-you all for rising so well to what was probably not the most exciting challenge and over to you AndrewThompson for next week's challenge.
EddieAC Plus
16 3.1k 2 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2021 9:29PM
Well done Andrew and many thanks Pete for this weeks fun!! Smile
saltireblue Plus
11 12.0k 75 Norway
20 Jun 2021 9:36PM
Nicely summed up, Pete , and the jury made a good result.
Well done, and to Andrew, who will now have a bee in his bonnet trying to find a new theme.

As for asparagus, I too love the stuff. Your wife must be a culinary heathen - how can she not like itWink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.